Frozen Saves

I began playing KSP fairly recently, and speaking with a friend who had more experience, I applied MechJeb2, SCAN, Docking Port Alignment and Alarm Clock.  I have copies of the game from Steam and GoG.  The same mods are on both installations.  As I played campaign mode, I would have occasional glitches where I would open the game and campaign and instead of loading normally, I would find my point of view was at KSC, ground level, between the VAB and R&D and viewing the SPH.  Sometimes an Earth Alarm with a rooster cry is waiting when this loads, something I've not used.  When I find myself viewing this scene, the campaign is locked.  Sometimes I can open up the load window and try and load another save, when I do this sometimes I can get another save to successfully load, very occasionally I can open up another save to a spacecraft and I can view the craft, use MechJeb modules, but the right mouse button does nothing, same as it does when I'm frozen at KSC.  Sometimes I can close the game and later go back and open a save which I was unable to open before.  This behavior has happened on both the GoG and Steam versions, before and after I updated to 1028.  I believed this was likely a memory issue and applied the aggressive active textures management mod, which appeared to deal with the issue for two days, though it wiped my contracts and I'm now stuck with a tourist I can't get rid of.  This makes campaign play essentially impossible, I've run the same set of missions over and over again, added contracts which aren't there next time I get the campaign to load, I have to survey the situation each time I load to see what I'm trying to do. 

I haven't seen this behavior listed in the forums, any thoughts or suggestions?  I'd start another campaign but since I don't know what is happening, I have no reason to believe I won't find myself in the same situation again. 

• 3 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.