Very low FPS

Specs would be helpful, as well as information such as whether or not you upgraded from an earlier version of KSP in the 'weeks' since you last played. A DXDiag would be best.

We can\'t help if you give us zero information to go on.

Also, have you installed any mods recently? Have you recently installed new drivers for your video card or other hardware? Have you installed any new programs since you last played KSP?

Again, if we have nothing to go on, we haven\'t the slightest chance of being able to help you.

If Knyght\'s solution worked, then it could be due to CPU, RAM or video card specs being too low. Without further information, it\'s a bit difficult to tell.

Guest butt head

you do need to list your computers specs better i give mine as an example

i7 2630qm stock clock

i7 2630qm this tells me the exact model of cpu stock clock means has not been over or under clocked if you have over or under clocked it you will know and need to post its new clock speed like my i7 2630qm has a stock clock off 2ghz if i over clocked it to say 2.5ghz say i say \'\'i7 2630qm over clocked to 2.5ghz\'\'you can say oced to also and dont bother say clock speed if you havent over clocked

6gig ram 1333mhz

6gig because thats how much i have 1333mhz because like a cpu it has a clock speed that you can adjust say i over clocked mine to 1700.mhz then i say \'\'6gig over clocked to 1700mhz\'\' but with ram its really not a big deal to mention the clock speed and you dont even need to think about latency\'s

Intel hd 3000 integrated graphics :(

this is a tear-able example so lets just say i have a gtx 680 8) (wishful thinking)

it has a base clock of 1084mhz

boost clock: 1150 mhz

memory clock: 6008mhz

Texture Fill Rate (billion/sec) 128.8

and if it has more ram than the standered model say how much like... \'\'gtx 680 4gb\'\' the standered for the gtx 680 is 2

if you over or under clocked any thing say so following the examples in the other spoilers

its a bit to read but you\'ll learn something so read it all its 100% necessary to read about the gpu because mine is a pretty bad example you can use cpuz to find out if you need to

For me, I would think the ram in regards to the later statement. Processor should be able to handle it because while it does have alot of physics etc to calculate, the graphics for the most part are simple. The complex objects and texture maps would tie up ram pretty bad though as it would need to store and recall every piece, it\'s orientations etc.

We also need to know what version of KSP you are running.

Demo version (0.13) or last alpha (0.15) ?

I\'ve personnaly got a pretty crappy machine lol :( :

- Intel Core 2 Duo P7350 @ 2GHz

- 3Gb DRAM

- GeForce 9650mGT 1Gb

- Windows Vista

- All that stacked in a rusty old Asus X72 laptop with funky cracks in the screen :D ??? ;P :-[

For 0.13, the best solution for me was to delete the persistence file (so i guess you\'re probably on 0.13 if this solved your issues).

The problem with the file was resolved in later versions. I do not experience it anymore. think the bottleneck was my CPU at the time, as RAM or GPU weren\'t that much used.

But, due to the new terrain engine, it seems to be both my RAM and the vid card are much more used!!

KSP eats quickly around 1.4-1.8Gb in RAM, liftoffs are laggier than ever and I can really feel the bump in the FPS when I decouple that huge first stage.

It might be time to start to save for a new comp\' heh ::)

But it gets better when I put everything on low and playing in 1024*768 (still nice to the eye =P). I think i\'v seen some config mods that allow you to get even less details (I don\'t know if it works though)

Guest butt head

if you want to get a new computer here are some parts i would sugest...

i3-2100-120$

i5 3550-209$

i7 3770-320$

these all make good prossesers (listed in order of slowest to fastest)

HD 7770 -135$

GTX 560 ti-225$

GTX 670-400$

HD 7970-465$

GTX 680-500$

these are a few good gpu\'s i hear the hd 7770 is pretty good for the money while the gtx 680 is the fastest gpu as of now (listed in order of slowest to fastest)

http://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Vengeance-240-Pin-Platforms-CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9/dp/B004CRSM4I/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1341604171&sr=1-

http://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Vengeance-PC3-12800-1600mHz-Platforms/dp/B004RFGALC/ref=sr_1_4?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1341604268&sr=1-

as for ram its pretty simple pick some thing like in thes 2 suggestions

Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3-145$ (2nd gen processors only)

ASUS Maximus IV Gene-Z-225$ (2nd gen processors only)

Asus Maximus V Gene200$ (2nd and 3rd gen processors)

mother boards aren\'t a hard choice to just make sher the chip set works with your cpu

http://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Enthusiast-Certified-Compatible-platforms/dp/B004LB5AZY/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1341605563&sr=1--100$

http://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Enthusiast-Certified-Compatible-platforms/dp/B004LB5AZY/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1341605563&sr=1--130$

here are some power supplies i dont think you will need more then 850 watts with the beefiest set up i recommended only if you put in more then 1 gpu should you go higher check minimum power requirements for your gpu to find out how much you need

i dont think i for got anything?