Looking for Advice on Mun Base Location

I'm looking for advice on where to locate my Mun base.  My top requirement, but a lot, is that it be as flat as reasonable.  I want to be able to connect modules and I figure that slope is going to play havoc with how well the line up.

After that, a location on the far side would be best (or at least half way around to the far side) and I'm going to be making fuel, so ore is good (though I can just let it run, so a high concentration isn't that important).

I have set my one in the East Farside Crater, and so far I'm quite happy with that. I believe that in any of the big craters you will find plenty of relatively flat area (if you avoid these smaller kid-craters), so both landing and connecting (docking) modules should be easy (relatively, of course).

The ore concentration also seems to be quite good in these craters, but I recall from the last scan that that other crater, slightly on the southern part (of course, I do not remember its name ;)) has the biggest on the globe.

About connecting modules, if you use docking ports, you need precision. But you might want to experiment with the Claw instead - the slope or angle does not matter in that case. You could connect the modules with your eyes closed. :cool:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.