The Satelliteer 3B

Johno

The rocket listed here was my contender for the Kerbal Cup Challenge - to deposit a satellite to a 150km orbit (+/-250 m) using only vanilla parts (except for the satellite itself, the Stellarcom Communications Satellite).

My entry to the challenge failed owing to my insufficiently developed piloting skills, but the ship itself was more than equal to the task. With minimal modifications, this design would probably be capable of escape.

One little note - this design makes use of structural SRBs. I prefer liquid fueled strap-on boosters, and since you can't strap LFTs to radial couplers, the SRBs are there just to hold the Liquid boosters. If you wish to install decouplers, you could also have the SRBs fire to give you a tiny extra bit of oomph. :)

(HarvestR, please modify the coupling software so that LFTs can attach radially?) :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.