It's all great that now we can adjust how many portraits are there, except for one thing - the maximum count. It seems to be dependent on the screen width and on my 1280p it refuses to show more than two, even if there's enough space for the third at default UI scale (and it doesn't change even if the UI scale is set to minimum).

So, with the additional UI scale settings announced, can the portrait count be addressed too? Maybe make the limit dependent on the actual space right of the navball and the actual scale of the portraits.

Another thought: what about the option to add second row of the portraits?

1280p?  You mean to tell me the higher the screen resolution, the LESS portraits you can show?  That is kind of strange, you would think a higher resolution would create more room.  I play at 1080p (i.e. 1920x1080) and I see 3 portraits.

Are you sure it's not 1280x720?

Edited by Alshain

18 hours ago, Alchemist said:

My screen is 1280x1024 (although I usually have KSP in 1280x960 window)

I'm pretty sure it only cares about width, didn't think it would be misread like this

That isn't 1280p.  Those numbers (which technically only apply to TV programming, despite computer monitor manufacturers marketing schemes) are always the height in pixels and always for 16:9 aspect ratios.  So, 720p is 1280x720, 1080p is 1920x1080, etc.  The 'p' is Progressive Scan which is a video transmission method (and why it only applies to TV).

Edited by Alshain

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.