[Mod Request] Random Ships spawns

I've been wanting a mod that would spawn ships within a certain distance of any active vessel within a certain vicinity, For example: Pirates spawning in open space, Commercial traffic spawning in low orbit, These ships would not appear on the tracking station and would despawn after leaving the 100km range of the active vessel, And would completely disappear within 200km

Do you want them to actually have any AI? Or just appear and float around in space in the orbits they're in? It wouldn't be hard to make some ships appear and make them disappear when they get out of range.

4 minutes ago, magico13 said:

Do you want them to actually have any AI? Or just appear and float around in space in the orbits they're in? It wouldn't be hard to make some ships appear and make them disappear when they get out of range.

I really would just want them to randomly appear and float by, You would be able to set the closest approach distance, anything from maximum distance to 500m... It would be a really cool thing to have, You might also set the likelyhood of certain ships spawning over others, So small satellites and vessels would be common and gigantic capital ships would be rare.

1 minute ago, daniel l. said:

I really would just want them to randomly appear and float by, You would be able to set the closest approach distance, anything from maximum distance to 500m... It would be a really cool thing to have, You might also set the likelyhood of certain ships spawning over others, So small satellites and vessels would be common and gigantic capital ships would be rare.

There's a mod idea I've had for a while that would require something like this (a scavenging mod where you're the last ship left in the universe, can't launch anything new, and have to survive+figure out what happened to everyone else, ripping up derelict spacecraft to expand your vessel) so I might try to code up something basic if I get the chance. If someone else is interested though they should probably do it. I have a tendency to play around with small ideas like this and then never actually take them past the proof of concept phase.

3 minutes ago, magico13 said:

There's a mod idea I've had for a while that would require something like this (a scavenging mod where you're the last ship left in the universe, can't launch anything new, and have to survive+figure out what happened to everyone else, ripping up derelict spacecraft to expand your vessel) so I might try to code up something basic if I get the chance. If someone else is interested though they should probably do it. I have a tendency to play around with small ideas like this and then never actually take them past the proof of concept phase.

I had also thought of a mod that spawns one ship in orbit for the player bans launching more from the ksc. Would be good for an interstellar mod because you could replace the existing solar system and pretend that the ship is actually an interstellar craft that is alone in this new system.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.