UDR Concept Rover -- It's finally out for download!

UDR Concept Vehicle

pWk1OOr.png

• U: Universally
  • D: Deployable (Yes I know, it's not a word)
  • R: Rover

What makes this rover different than others?

It's simple really, as far as I can tell, it's probably the first rover to utilize the inverse motor in 1.1 allowing it to turn like a tank, which is both fun and practical (Not so practical with your batteries though). It also is rocket propelled, meaning it can climb steep gradients at the expense of it's relatively large fuel capacity. This vehicle can traverse the land at up to 100 meters per second for safety. It comes with to frontal landing gear in the front, making it able to clear debris that may be blocking the runway or just to capture kerbals and throw them into the pit of --- Anyways... this vehicle's control scheme is quite different from that of a normal car.

Tutorial:

•  This vehicle turns by using the W and S key. These two buttons will control where your tank points. For instance, holding your W key will cause the left track to reverse and the right track to spin normally, thus causing a left pivot.... (I made that sound way too confusing).
  • Use the engines to propel your vehicle around since the wheels aren't actually driving but rather being your steering aid. 
  • If you need to, use point turn mode via action groups which permanently locks one side's track until released by pressing the action group button again.
  • DON'T PRESS F3 (#LogBugsEverywhere)

Spoiler

ftcxHeC.png

iqU83Hm.png

qQmcA0w.png

3dVPgqR.png

DOWNLOAD IT HERE!

On 5/19/2016 at 9:53 PM, TheWanderer05 said:

Very good craft! By the way, I recommend moving the engines just a tiny bit up to stop the constant logging of the thrust heating the parts behind them :)

If one feels the need to press F3, I'd highly recommend doing that, and probably will update the craft when SQUAD finishes patching MOST bugs, not these micro patches for some major topical bugs.

5 hours ago, Kerbin vonKerbal said:

Any space on that beast for an external command seat? :cool::cool::cool:

You can easily remove the solar panels or simply remove them, and you'd have more space for a command seat. Be aware that currently, the only way to run inverse drive is by having a non symmetrical side, thus mirroring command seats would not mirror upon the X axis of the vehicle. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.