release internal squad models/textures allowed?

Skalou

Hello,

i am planning to make a mod, it will be a part to add a kerbal mass at the good place in the VAB for the external command seat, with the goal to permit an easier balance of the vehicule in the VAB ( for accurate Dv reading too, if needed):

o1Ez2pV.png

but i'm really not sure that using the squad model and texture for the kerbal is allowed to make a downloadable mod,

can you tell me more on this please?

why not just a green capsule roughly 1m tall? AFAIK assets inside KSP/GameData are okay; but EVA Kerbal and associated assets are not part of that set, so I assume it's not okay to redistribute the mesh made by Squad. If you modeled a Kerbal yourself it would be fine.

Thank's  nli2work, yep i tought about this too and started to create this kind of part ( the ugly green thing in the left bottom corner of the part list on the image above), but i'am also asking to have this replica much more better than my poor modeling skills :D

and more than that, it's a question that could serve other modder as well?

( and thank's for your modding tutorial too, they are really great :wink: , but i need to work, i need something for the arms, maybe some boxing gloves?)

GOxRNQc.png

left: watermelonus kerman

middle: real one

right: inflatable one

Edited by Skalou

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.