New to 1.1.3: Ship disappears from orbital view permanently (solved)

I just installed 1.1.3 tonight (64-bit, Windows 10), and I was testing my most recent space plane. As I was flying to orbit for the fifth time or so, apropos of nothing I could discern, my plane disappeared from the orbital view. It was still there in the staging view, and I could see its orbit and orbital features, but no symbol for the craft itself. Mousing over the spot where the craft should have been did not reveal altitude, speed, etc. as it should have. By itself this would have caused me little distress, but I now find that even after quitting and re-launching the game, neither this nor any other ship I might load is visible in the orbital view. To my relief, I discovered that the orbital view was not broken in other saves I had, but it appears to be permanently so in the one I was currently playing. I don't ever think I've seen a bug quite like this before, so I'm reporting it.

Have you made sure that 'Ships' are highlighted in the top drop-down bar that appears in map view when you hover on the top of the screen? (also present when you view from Tracking Station). 

Not too long ago I also found my ship completely missing from orbital view and found myself confused, after realizing that my ship was classified as a 'Probe' and I did not had them highlighted in the aforementioned drop-down bar and thus it was invisible in orbital view. Could it be that this is the issue? 

9 hours ago, Zwieg88 said:

Have you made sure that 'Ships' are highlighted in the top drop-down bar that appears in map view when you hover on the top of the screen? (also present when you view from Tracking Station). 

Not too long ago I also found my ship completely missing from orbital view and found myself confused, after realizing that my ship was classified as a 'Probe' and I did not had them highlighted in the aforementioned drop-down bar and thus it was invisible in orbital view. Could it be that this is the issue? 

omg you were right! I have played this game forever, and I don't think I was ever even aware of the existence of that drop-down bar. If I was, I had forgotten about it. I guess I must have clicked on it somehow without even noticing. Problem solved. :blush:

Edited by herbal space program

Aha! Glad to know it wasn't anything more serious! :D I was actually kinda reluctant to propose my solution, since I did notice you must've been playing the game for quite some time and would obviously know this. But it happens to the best of us! 

Cheers and fly safe! 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.