Spaceship -1

Hey everyone! It's my first time posting (and building :P) a spacecraft that I thought was unique.

Introducing Spaceship -1! Yes, before SpaceShipOne, our old buddy Burt had some kinks to work out and

some theories to prove. What better way to do that than with highly expendable rocket fodder professional kerbanaughts?

This ship consists of two stages, the first is the lifting stage which comprises 6 LFR and a ton of SAS and RCS modules. Once that stage is complete, it literally falls out of the bottom of the spacecraft to reveal the flight stage. (Shown in the attached pics)

Tips for flying: It has a tendency to flip wildly if you use too much thrust. Take off at about 90% power then throttle back to around 75% to keep it under control. Once separation occurs, do whatever, buzz the tower, I don't care.

Mods Required: Sunday Punch, the wings by Jaanus, the wings from C7-Aerospace, and the SAS modules by II Carnefice

EDIT: I just flew a pretty successful mission. Flew straight up until around 50000m, then flew level for a few minutes. I was able to turn around with what fuel I had left (not a lot) and from there fly/glide back to the launch pad. Burt would be proud.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.