[WIP][Hardware] Physical NavBall Project

Deserdi Verimas

After being inspired by a number of physical ksp interface projects (most notably NeoMorph's REAL Nav Ball Project), and knowing that I'd have a lot of time on my hands this summer, I decided to delve into the wonderful world of physical interfaces. So far I've managed to bodge together an altimeter, as a proof of concept and to test my codebase. I'm using a needle dial display that I had lying around, together with an arduino and the KRPC plugin. 

Nice and simple so far, but I'm pleased with the progress that I'm making. 

• 5 months later...

Situation report: Designs for the ball part of the navball are progressing nicely. I now have access to a 3d printer all the time, so as soon as I get this finalised I should be ready to print and do a test fit. With Christmas coming up I'm hoping that I can get the motors required, so that will no longer be an issue as well. Finally, I have been looking into human interface devices in order to connect the final device to my pc - it seems excessive to have an ardunio doing something as simple as reading serial information and moving some motors.

V85eds3.jpg 

fdai12_300.jpg

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.