Local control?!

Hey, i dont know if this is the right place to ask this but here it is anyway:

I have just started playing ksp with remote tech and a few other mods, but i just wanted to start setting up a 3 sat network and wanted the help of flight computer and i noticed that my connection says: "Local Control" so i cant open the flight computer:0.0:.

So what does that mean and how can i activate my flight computer?

EDIT: Solved  "

I had " Remote tech SETI config"  and  "Remote tech SETI ProbeControlEnabler"    auto-installed  from CKAN.

Uninstalled them and that seemed to fix it!!!

Thanks for the help."

Myselium

<Mods>

Spoiler

KSP: 1.1.2 (Win32) - Unity: 5.2.4f1 - OS: Windows 8.1  (6.3.0) 64bit
Camera Focus Changer - 0.9
CapCom Mission Control On The Go - 1.0.1.1
Contract Configurator - 1.12
Contract Pack: The K Files - 1.1.1.3
Contract Pack: RemoteTech - 2.0.2
DMagic Orbital Science - 1.3
CapCom Mission Control On The Go - 1.0.2.2
Contract Parser - 1.0.4
Progress Parser - 1.0.5
Kerbal Engineer Redux - 1.1.1
KSP-AVC Plugin - 1.1.6.1
RealChute - 1.4.1.1
RemoteTech - 1.7
AmpYear - 1.3.2
SCANsat - 1.1.6.1
SETI-ProbeControlEnabler - 1.0.8.2
SETI-RemoteTechConfig - 1.0.9
StageRecovery - 1.6.4
Kerbal Alarm Clock - 3.7.1
Unmanned before Manned - 1.0.8.3
VenStockRevamp - 1.9.2
Waypoint Manager - 2.5.2
[x] Science! - 4.19

Edited by Myselium
Solved!

Is your vessel crewed? If it is, then it will say "Local Control". However, if your command pod is one from another mod, and you have no crew, the mod may not be compatible with Remote Tech. Incompatible probe cores read "Local Control". If you're using a stock probe core and your ship has no crew, then I don't know what's happening.

Edited by dafidge9898
Grammar

Usually, the requirement to use the flight computer is to have a probe core attached to your vessel (e.g. in addition to your command pod), and to have some sort of connection to a human operator.

For example, a crewed vessel with both a command pod and a probe core can use the flight computer even without a connection.

Unmanned vessels need an antenna which is active (most are inactive at launch with the exception of the DP-10 and the Launch Stabilizer, so without Unmanned Tech you'll be stuck immediately) and has a working connection e.g. to Ground Control. You can specify for other Antennae that they should start extended in the VAB (works for Omnis, for dishes you can't specify a target here). I usually place a DP-10 somewhere on my boosters for this and extend the satellite's antenna after leaving the athmosphere.

The OCTO should be supported by RT as it is a stock part. However it would also be my best bet that somehow your OCTO is otherwise modded and therefore not recognized by RT.

If you're playing career, there might be some additional restrictions / tech you have to unlock first; but nothing comes to mind (except e.g. the Unmanned Tech which grants automatic 3km range antenna capability for all probe cores).

Maybe try out the same craft in a sandbox save file, then try out different probe cores.

Also, don't mind the possibly red color of the flight computer icon - just click on it.

Edited by Hupf
added info

5 hours ago, Hupf said:

Usually, the requirement to use the flight computer is to have a probe core attached to your vessel (e.g. in addition to your command pod), and to have some sort of connection to a human operator.

For example, a crewed vessel with both a command pod and a probe core can use the flight computer even without a connection.

Unmanned vessels need an antenna which is active (most are inactive at launch with the exception of the DP-10 and the Launch Stabilizer, so without Unmanned Tech you'll be stuck immediately) and has a working connection e.g. to Ground Control. You can specify for other Antennae that they should start extended in the VAB (works for Omnis, for dishes you can't specify a target here). I usually place a DP-10 somewhere on my boosters for this and extend the satellite's antenna after leaving the athmosphere.

The OCTO should be supported by RT as it is a stock part. However it would also be my best bet that somehow your OCTO is otherwise modded and therefore not recognized by RT.

If you're playing career, there might be some additional restrictions / tech you have to unlock first; but nothing comes to mind (except e.g. the Unmanned Tech which grants automatic 3km range antenna capability for all probe cores).

Maybe try out the same craft in a sandbox save file, then try out different probe cores.

Also, don't mind the possibly red color of the flight computer icon - just click on it.

I've tried what you said but it still didn't work.

I even deactivated all antennas but I could still controller the craft And I would still say "Local controll".........      what?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.