Make a Soyuz rocket. (Capsule and launcher) Mods allowed.

18 hours ago, Gaarst said:

Just happened to start my first stock Soyuz replica earlier today, give me time to tidy things up and I'll show it.

That icon is so cute!!!

2 minutes ago, Firemetal said:

That was just me showing a sneak peak of my current design. That wasn't my entry but here it is: Fully stock overpowered Soyuz replica.

YQfPbMb.jpg

hpg2m6Q.png

KZX1Iyl.png

QBzD6OC.png

G1e03QK.png

CHu6phB.png

KIOIzK0.png

PXscKYW.png

QNr4Nuy.png

g4pD0Xj.png

GBbJaCZ.png

JV8LJhc.png

Eh so much fuel left. Maybe I'll modify it and make it an Apollo style rocket. It could land the Soyuz spacecraft on the Mun if I removed mono-prop and added landing legs. Anyway I'll post the craft file in my showcase thread. (link in my sig)

Great challenge! Why don't you make it like speeding mullet's shuttle challenge after you've chosen the winner so everyone with a half-way decent design can win. Also it would be great to have a ribbon.

But great anyway.

What is speeding mullet's shuttle challenge? Please explain. Also how do I add a ribbon?

3 minutes ago, InfiniteAtom said:

That icon is so cute!!!

What is speeding mullet's shuttle challenge? Please explain. Also how do I add a ribbon?

Originally started by forum user Inigma, continued by FCISuperguy and now Speeding Mullet is in charge of it.

And to add a ribbon, just make a picture showing whoever has it has completed this challenge, then upload it to a picture sharing website like Imgur and copy/paste it into the OP. (opening post)

9 minutes ago, Firemetal said:

Originally started by forum user Inigma, continued by FCISuperguy and now Speeding Mullet is in charge of it.

And to add a ribbon, just make a picture showing whoever has it has completed this challenge, then upload it to a picture sharing website like Imgur and copy/paste it into the OP. (opening post)

I dont understand. " Why don't you make it like speeding mullet's shuttle challenge after you've chosen the winner so everyone with a half-way decent design can win " What do you mean by this? Also, is there a way to give badges to winners so they appear on their profile or something? Opening post? Does this mean the first post?

Opening post = first post. And I meant that there isn't a single winner but everyone who enters with a pretty neat and accurate looking entry "wins". People who win copy and paste the badge into their signature. You find the signature by going to your account settings and clicking on "signature". Then copy and paste anything you want into it and bang! It'll show up on every post you make.

Its just a couple of suggestions. Take 'em or leave 'em.

45 minutes ago, InfiniteAtom said:

Alright. Got it. Are you just sharing the design with us or are you entering it in the challenge?

I probably will enter the challenge. Not now though, more work is needed on the upper part (spacecraft+LES assembly) and despite being 1.5x as heavy as the actual one (full scale) it can't make orbit.

Spoiler

x1hKhek.png

B7lnh15.png

11 minutes ago, Gaarst said:

I probably will enter the challenge. Not now though, more work is needed on the upper part (spacecraft+LES assembly) and despite being 1.5x as heavy as the actual one (full scale) it can't make orbit.

Hide contents

x1hKhek.png

B7lnh15.png

That looks... AWESOME!

2 hours ago, Gaarst said:

Hide contents

x1hKhek.png

B7lnh15.png

Fully stock?

3 hours ago, Firemetal said:

That was just me showing a sneak peak of my current design. That wasn't my entry but here it is: Fully stock overpowered Soyuz replica.

YQfPbMb.jpg

hpg2m6Q.png

KZX1Iyl.png

QBzD6OC.png

G1e03QK.png

CHu6phB.png

KIOIzK0.png

PXscKYW.png

QNr4Nuy.png

g4pD0Xj.png

GBbJaCZ.png

JV8LJhc.png

Eh so much fuel left. Maybe I'll modify it and make it an Apollo style rocket. It could land the Soyuz spacecraft on the Mun if I removed mono-prop and added landing legs. Anyway I'll post the craft file in my showcase thread. (link in my sig)

Great challenge! Why don't you make it like speeding mullet's shuttle challenge after you've chosen the winner so everyone with a half-way decent design can win. Also it would be great to have a ribbon.

But great anyway.

I will accept your submission but I have one request: Because I am putting submissions in the main post will you please send a link for a imgur album with all the images here to me?

3 hours ago, Firemetal said:

Opening post = first post. And I meant that there isn't a single winner but everyone who enters with a pretty neat and accurate looking entry "wins". People who win copy and paste the badge into their signature. You find the signature by going to your account settings and clicking on "signature". Then copy and paste anything you want into it and bang! It'll show up on every post you make.

Its just a couple of suggestions. Take 'em or leave 'em.

Got it. I will consider this suggestion and possibly do something similar, but I wont know for sure until I start judging the submissions.

9 minutes ago, InfiniteAtom said:

Got it. I will consider this suggestion and possibly do something similar, but I wont know for sure until I start judging the submissions.

Alright then. I just finished my Apollo-Soyuz mission.

Now it might sound as if I launched an Apollo and a Soyuz into orbit but...

Really slapped an Apollo return module and landing module to my Soyuz and landed on the Mun and returned. :P 

and here's the video of my entry : ) (warning, i use a lot of clipping when making replicas ;))

fully stock soyuz :) - Flies like a breeze :) (it doesn't even need SAS during the gravity turn after the pitchover ! :))

added a few subtitles with the various events :)  (staging, etc) - bonus, a launch escape system sequence at the end of the video :) (bonus timestamp : https://youtu.be/iw2j0_qOJQQ?t=779)

gimbals : on the boosters and the core stage, only the 24-77s 'twitch' can gimbal (used as verniers) (gimbals are disabled on the MK-55s 'thuds')

on the upper stage, it's also the same setup - the thuds are gimbal locked, and the LV1-R spiders act as verniers :)

a few infos on how the RCS is set up on the spacecraft : the 2x4 angled RCS on the end of the service module control pitch, yaw and forward / backward translation. the rcs on the 'belt' of the spacecraft, control  roll and lateral / vertical translation. (this allowed me to roughly center the translations around the COM of the spacecraft)

finally - here's the craft files :

soyuz + the launch pad - 798 parts. (not as bad as it sounds - after initial liftoff, as the discarded pad is loaded in separate threads, it's not that much a strain on multicore CPUs :))

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7dixrr0frn89jys/Soyuz launch pad.craft?dl=0

soyuz without launch pad - 383 parts.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/m2i3quyk2auv7k5/Soyuz.craft?dl=0

Edited by sgt_flyer

32 minutes ago, sgt_flyer said:

and here's the video of my entry : ) (warning, i use a lot of clipping when making replicas ;))

fully stock soyuz :) - Flies like a breeze :) (it doesn't even need SAS during the gravity turn after the pitchover ! :))

added a few subtitles with the various events :)  (staging, etc) - bonus, a launch escape system sequence at the end of the video :) (bonus timestamp : https://youtu.be/iw2j0_qOJQQ?t=779)

gimbals : on the boosters and the core stage, only the 24-77s 'twitch' can gimbal (used as verniers) (gimbals are disabled on the MK-55s 'thuds')

on the upper stage, it's also the same setup - the thuds are gimbal locked, and the LV1-R spiders act as verniers :)

a few infos on how the RCS is set up on the spacecraft : the 2x4 angled RCS on the end of the service module control pitch, yaw and forward / backward translation. the rcs on the 'belt' of the spacecraft, control  roll and lateral / vertical translation. (this allowed me to roughly center the translations around the COM of the spacecraft)

finally - here's the craft files :

soyuz + the launch pad - 798 parts. (not as bad as it sounds - after initial liftoff, as the discarded pad is loaded in separate threads, it's not that much a strain on multicore CPUs :))

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7dixrr0frn89jys/Soyuz launch pad.craft?dl=0

soyuz without launch pad - 383 parts.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/m2i3quyk2auv7k5/Soyuz.craft?dl=0

Wow... I am impressed. Awesome job!

10 minutes ago, InfiniteAtom said:

KER? What is that?

it's Kerbal Engineer Redux :) it gives a lot of technical infos (TWR, burn times, delta-v per stage) - a nice tool when it works :) (it has a few problems with some designs however). can work without adding anything to a rocket :) (so they stay stock - someone who doesn't have KER don't need it to open a .craft built upon these infos :)

Edited by sgt_flyer

On 8/1/2016 at 11:20 PM, Ourworldalpha1 said:

Here is my design 

Hope you like it LOL:ewtRM

right click on the broken image

Just in case you don't know how to open it

Nice design!

1 minute ago, InfiniteAtom said:

Nice design!

This thread needs more submissions! Come on guys!!!!!! :(

Ok, here we go.

Soyuz MS-01

Sitting on the launchpad

Sitting on the Pad

Soyuz is fueled and ready to go!

Gantry Arms

Gantry Arms

Gantry arms swing back right before liftoff.

Off the Pad

Off the Pad

500 meters off the ground

Booster Separation

Booster Separation

The strap-on boosters are separated from the rocket.

Korolev Cross

Korolev Cross

The famous Korolev Cross.

Korolev Cross #2

Korolev Cross #2

Korolev Cross #3

Korolev Cross #3

First Stage Separation

First Stage Separation

Fairing and LES Jettison

Fairing and LES Jettison

Fairing and Launch Escape System is expelled from the rocket.

Orbit Trajectory

Orbital Trajectory

Orbit measuring 100km x 110km.

Soyuz Spacecraft

Spacecraft

Here is the Engine Configuration:

Engine Configuration

That's it, thanks for looking!

Edited by Munbro Kerman

Here's my completely stock try. It can space ship.

That is 20 Reliants and as many Thuds.
V2aGwkn.png

umtdzyK.jpgX4JrRTv.png

About 250 meters.
RGfUXS4.png

Lousy kross. I need to look into it deeper. Boosters always rotate same way after separation so probably balance issue.
mtVd6un.jpg
GZdmGWY.pngXn0F9Sx.png

Third stage firing. Four Reliants, no Thuds.
ZIuRTif.png

LES and fairing separation.
m5YsH8A.pngs3pXV7I.png

Preparing to fire circulation burn with third stage still attached. This thing has surprisingly much 'fast' in tanks.

reIrlhV.png

And here we are finally on orbit. Yay?

wA4Z92Q.png

Control thrusters are placed as correctly as I know. We had our fun on orbit, time to go home.

x3dEmBw.png

We don't need this.

RctYw7h.png

Or that.

KHrJWRp.png

Proper attitude and down we go.

CJ8ChnB.png9MICigG.png

Chute isn't deploying properly!

9zIoWRG.jpg

Whew! I had to jettison the cosmetic shroud but it works now.

6L8RUak.png8qr8QZl.jpg

And retrorockets fire!

REj6GRU.png

Spoiler

But wait! Little Soyuz can space ship!

kZRUIMB.png

SkqrfvP.png

This could probably land on Minmus and maybe Mün.

Alternate ending from same save, cause all the films do them!

Spoiler

039DR7d.png

They're thrilled! All of them.

IU2rPkm.png

This time I remembered to jettison fairing before chute panic!

PTvJ7yo.png
AZTamhX.png

Retro rockets fired just before contact.

ckDgGeO.jpg

KSP is being weird again. I can't EVA rest of the crew but they're there.
iUB27QV.png

Edited by ImmaStegosaurus!
I learned how to forum properly.

22 hours ago, Munbro Kerman said:

Ok, here we go.

Soyuz MS-01

Sitting on the launchpad

Sitting on the Pad

Gantry Arms

Gantry Arms

Off the Pad

Off the Pad

Booster Separation

Booster Separation

Korolev Cross

Korolev Cross

Korolev Cross #2

Korolev Cross #2

Korolev Cross #3

Korolev Cross #3

First Stage Separation

First Stage Separation

Fairing and LES Jettison

Fairing and LES Jettison

Orbit Trajectory

Orbital Trajectory

Soyuz Spacecraft

Spacecraft

Engine Configuration

Is this modded? If no, how did you do the gantry arms?

22 hours ago, Munbro Kerman said:

Ok, here we go.

Soyuz MS-01

Sitting on the launchpad

Sitting on the Pad

Gantry Arms

Gantry Arms

Off the Pad

Off the Pad

Booster Separation

Booster Separation

Korolev Cross

Korolev Cross

Korolev Cross #2

Korolev Cross #2

Korolev Cross #3

Korolev Cross #3

First Stage Separation

First Stage Separation

Fairing and LES Jettison

Fairing and LES Jettison

Orbit Trajectory

Orbital Trajectory

Soyuz Spacecraft

Spacecraft

Engine Configuration

Pictures of landing or splashdown for proof?

ATTENTION: AM I MISSING ANYONE'S MODDED SUBMISSION OR SUBMISSION? DID I MISS ANY? IF SO PLZ TELL ME.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.