That PC works well but sometimes hangs.

But heres a possibile replacement:

PC: Xiaomi Air 12.25"

CPU: Intel m3

Same OS.

Is it okay with KSP 1.1.3?

Edited by Whalesharks Kerman
Messed it up...

TLDR, wouldn't touch it with a barge pole.

Both CPUs are 2.2GHz dual cores, and I don't think you'll see any real difference. The m3 has hyperthreading, but KSP doesn't tend to care that much about it. The Xiaomi lacks a dedicated GPU.

It behoves me to point out that no laptop can match a desktop for CPU power and therefore no laptop can play KSP as well as a desktop could. Some of them can play it 'well enough,' depending on how you play, but you won't get a top-of-the-line experience out of a laptop.

If you're still determined to go mobile, the further bad news is that the slimmer and lighter it is, the slower and worse for KSP it's going to be. Ultralights just can't have fast components due to power and heat constraints.

(Gross generalisations, but largely true.)

Edited by eddiew

Most current and future games the next 4 years games are designed to run "okay/well" on Quad core cpu ( 4 cores ).
Ofcourse some games can run on dual core, but developers are in general aiming to design medium/large games where Quad core cpu will become the new standard.

Here are a good article about computer cpu's and amount of cores.

https://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/buying-advice/pc-components/whats-difference-between-intel-core-i3-i5-i7-3417091/

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.