Stock Rover Wheel BUG?

I am trying to build a simple rover using stock parts and wheels, however when I launch the rover, the wheels spin but the the rover goes no where. There is also a Phantom force pushing my helpless little rovers off to the side at around 6 m/s. It also sometimes looks as if the rover is floating a couple inches off the ground.

I have ensured that there is enough electrical charge, comms sig, and that the wheel motors are oriented correctly. Incidentally, the PackRat rover works just fine.

THIS BUG PERSISTS ON A CLEAN UNMODDED INSTALL OF KSP 1.1.3

I uploaded video demo of the bug here:

Well, I may have answered my own question... In terms of the problem happening on a "stock" install,  I had simply deleted all the contents from Gamedata and my save, so I guess it wasn't entirely stock.

I installed a brand new game and the rovers worked fine. I THEN installed half of my 73 mods which again broke the rovers.

I had to delete that install and re-install KSP again fresh. I began copying mods over in groups of 5, and starting KSP each time, a new group of 5 were installed, all the way to the exact half that I had copied over before. I could not get a single mod to break the rovers. After that half got installed, I then started copying over the other half in groups of 10. Still, nothing broke the rovers.

My original save file was lastly copied over and the rovers are still functioning just fine. Mission accomplished. 

Could you post your output_log.txt? It's inside the "KSP_Data" or "KSP_x64_Data" folder, depending on which version of KSP you are running. Try to post everything after you load the launch pad or runway scene if you can, but ideally upload the whole log.

Just as a tip, wheels in KSP 1.1.x do not work very well at all; the updated wheel physics in 1.1 improved things but it's still a sad situation. The "Stock Bug Fix Modules & Stock Plus" mod by Claw (one of the KSP developers) does a pretty good job at getting wheels to sort of work well enough to be usable; I recommend you install it and select the Wheels module (actually, all of the modules are good and generally make the game a much smoother experience, the mod is meant to fix the problems which the KSP team feels aren't worth putting out a whole new release to fix, or where the fix code is haphazard and they want to wait for a better solution before pushing it to stock). Who knows? It might fix your problem on its own.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.