Thread Voting?

BentRim

I see that some Questions and Answers have an option to "Vote this Up" .  This is a new concept to me and I can guess to some extent what it does...  

rather than just assume however could someone explain when and why I would do this?

@BentRim- great question, and an even better avatar!

The standard way to display threads in the forums is by date, earliest to latest posts.

In the Gameplay Questions subforum, however, it's a little different- users can vote up the post(s) they think best answers the OP's question.

Why does this help? Well, standard forum formating rules do not apply there. If you look at the bottom right of any OP there, it should say "Sort by Date | Sort by Votes." If you go to any other subforum and click on a thread, you won't find that option.

This makes it easier for new players and users to find the best answer, as voted on by everyone who read the thread.

Now, there are some problems with this; the biggest being that not every thread has a top answer. But you can fix this.  When you're in a thread in the Gameplay Questions subforum, read through the entire thread, and click the up arrow for the posts you think best answers the OP. As a community, when we work together good things happen.