Biomes not Found

Hmmm. Well, there was a whole massive biome redo in 1.2.0. Maybe that one got missed. The fact that the above biome map is brightly colored concerns me for its accuracy. One of the points of the 1.2 biome redo was to decolor most of the CB biome maps. But I'll cheat a ship to dres and look around.

On 3/3/2017 at 3:10 PM, Kryxal said:

Must be because it's on Dres ... after all, nobody goes there.

I've got a ScanSat bird there now.

The biomes that are giving me fits are Eve's Craters and Akatsuki Lake.  I've got a science bird in a 250km polar orbit for more than a year now.  Automated Science Sampler has grabbed everything else long ago but those two remain elusive.  I've had to switch away at times to deal with other missions but it's been about 150 days now that it has sat there at 1000x untouched.

The flying high science is even more of a pain because of the small biomes.  I got the stuff for the big ones by going into "orbit" at 89.9km with repeated burns to stay there.  You can only use physics warp there, though, so staying a long time is not feasible, not to mention a couple of tiny burns per orbit to counteract the drag.  (For flying low I plan to do what I did on Kerbin--a rover that has the ability to do a small rocket hop.)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.