United Kerbdom Korperations

Skylon

Welcome to my Career Save.

After hundreds of hours of KSP, I still have never really gotten anywhere with career saves. It went like this: I would start a new career, do a few things, get science and get bored and start a new one. I even did it with sandbox. But now I feel I am really getting into a career save. I call it the United Kerbdom Korperations. Here are my craft:

Launchers:

Station Modules:

Landers:

Bases:

Mun Base Alpha

Spoiler
JZbXNQw.jpg
Left: Resupply probe. The base has capacity for 4 (comfortably), possible 6 or more and has a science lab and transmitter, airlock and KIS storage.
89bihze.jpg

Edited by Skylon
Embedded albums

• 2 weeks later...

Mission 1 will come shortly. Today or tommorow. I did attempt it earlier but with 2 stages to be reused and low fuel margins I decided to install FMRS. It will be to transfer a pre-launched Orbital Labs Module (OBL-L2) to Minmus orbit. Mission 2-3 will be launching the crew/service module and landing module to orbit, and landing on minmus. I plan to return science to the lab module to be processed. Mission 4 will launch a contract sattelite/s, though I do not yet have a good launcher with a reusable sattelite stage. Mission 5 may test launch a refueller for the KS-C1 'Atlas' transfer module.

Edited by Skylon

Mission 1: KSO-01

Objective: Transfer lab module to Minmus

Craft: OBL-L2 (Launched), KS-C1 'Atlas'

Launcher: MLA-2RB (to be recovered)

Order of Operations: Launch-Sep-Orbit-First stage recovery-Sep-Docking-Stage 2 recovery-Transfer to Minmus

Stage 1:

Spoiler

IBgHHvH.jpgLaunch pad jdxtAYm.jpgLift-off!5V7x8Eo.jpg

ZpEvkrX.jpgGravity turn...7JFSJmx.jpgSeparation and coast to boostbacks58Xy6a.jpgBurn, baby, burn.DnHLT2F.jpgNot enough fuel for return to KSC, I was pushing it with 80m/s left in vacuum.DJRPxmX.jpgNo re-entry pics. Relatively cool though, no worrying heat. Chutes deployed and...3czoObx.jpgSplashdown! Back to Stage 2 with FMRS...

Stage 2:

Spoiler

After separation...0IYhPQp.jpgFairing deployment at over 50,000metMlgwI.jpgOrbital insertion ae8H3eg.jpgDeorbit TyJisxY.jpgHeating...tqgaosT.jpgChutes out... RqxENMl.jpgTouchdown!

Docking and Minmus Transfer:

Spoiler

uc3X1zi.jpgIntercept koJk8bj.jpgApproach tkaVKFo.jpgDocked YQhFolv.jpgForgot to take more pics, but here is the final orbit.

EXTw4JW.jpg

OBL-Min

Result: Success. Both stages recovered.

Minmus communications network to be set up.

Next Mission: Satellite launch

Adding those pictures took a while. I may stick to albums for now.

Edited by Skylon

Mission 2: CS-01 and Minsat-A

Objective: Place a commercial sat in orbit and set up a Minmus communications network

Craft: KSat+ OBL-M1 Stage

Launcher: MLA-2R 'Storm'

Order of Operations: Launch craft to orbit>Recover launcher>Separate commercial sat and place in specified orbit>Transfer craft to Minmus>Release 1 sat in 100km orbit>Release the other sats after two orbits of 3/4 the orbital period

Spoiler

GJOw2LX.jpgLaunch pad aY550MX.jpgFairing separation F90UMKh.jpgCraft separation (recovery was nominal, no pics because I forgot) TtOaBeY.jpgCommercial sat deployed to specified orbit lfsSQHw.jpgA rather unfortunate encounter with the Mun messed with my inclination...jbwxRKr.jpgSat deployment partially successful; they function but I meant for them to be further apart

zjiiPw8.jpg

Minsat-02 in orbit

Result: Success; booster recovered, contact completed and communication network partially set up

Trying to cut down on the amount of pictures now. Avoiding recovery pictures, though I will normally add one splashed down/landed.

Mission 3 will land on minmus, though it may be pushed back 

Edited by Skylon

• 3 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.