RealFuels configs for career gameplay progression in a RSS-sized system (either RSS or Kerbin)

I have been working on trying to put together a set of RealFuels engine configurations that aren't as serious-to-reality as Realism Overhaul is, but instead offers up to the player the ability to build and customize 'semi-realistic' engines of all types, and allow career gameplay progression, unlocking better and better engines with science points and funds, while still enjoying using 'real' fuels with various benefits and drawbacks instead of the stock LiquidFuel and Oxidizer.

This is not intended for realism purists.

Here's the spreadsheet I'm using to develop these configurations. I'd appreciate feedback, especially on the thrust that each engine produces. I significantly increased thrusts across the board. I looked at this wikipedia article and started rough-estimating thrusts for each size engine (and engine role).

I want keep the main KSP engine/mod engines sizes (0.625, 1.25, 2.5, 3.75, also - 5, 7.5), give them 'about right' thrust levels for a realistic sized Kerbal system, and offer multiple fuel choices, and require as few part mods as possible to try to reduce the number of parts in memory (and KSP loading time). The only item that is planned to be released is a set of engine configurations (much like Realfuels-Stockalike), with hopefully only a few required mods to fill in the gaps where stock engine models don't exist. Right now I am thinking that ModRocketSys, SpaceY (both packs), and Kerbal Atomics (optional, perhaps a second set of configs just for it?) will be the supported mods, and this would give a player engines from 0.625 to 7.5m, with the largest thrust being the Emu-IV with 3.2mN of thrust (4 emu's / equivalent of 4 F-1b's...).

As for gimbals, I'll probably just let all engines gimbal?

I would be interested to hear feedback/suggestions as to the usefulness of something like this. I'm building this for my personal Kerbin 10x Rescale + Outer-Planets career game, but thought community input might be good if I was to release into the wild (if it is useful).

For each engine size, 5 stock or mod engines will be identified: L, L+, U, U+, and O. I'd also like to do Aerospikes and Nukes as well. Thrust levels are significantly buffed from stock.  

Each of these engines will be assigned a 'base thrust' value, and given the following configs, which are unlocked at various techs. Engine mass will be set based on the 'Goal TWR' by tech level as seen in the stockalike configuration tool.

All engines will get the following options. Fuel mixtures across different engines all have the same ratios for simplicity's sake. (ratio is "Mass Ratio" as seen in the stockalike config tool)

• Kerosene+LqdOxygen (Default, and available from the start), ratio 2.6
  • Aerozine-50+NTO (Available with Fuel Systems), ratio 1.6
    • Hypergolic Bipropellant
    • Since this is slightly better than straight UDMH+NTO, I didn't want to clutter up the list of configs
  • LqdHydrogen+LqdOxygen (Available with Advanced Fuel Systems), ratio 5.5
    • Common in lots of modern rocket engines
  • LqdMethane+LqdOxygen (Available with High Performance Fuel Systems), ratio 3.55
    • like SpaceX Raptor engine
  • Hydrazine+NTO (Available with High Performance Fuel Systems), ratio 1.2 (is this correct? Or did i get it backwards and it should be like .8?)
    • slightly higher-performing hypergolic bipropellant. Like Aerojet Rocketdyne's AMBR or HiPAT engines.
    • Maybe useful for semi-realistic ISRU applications when you can create N2H4 (peroxide process...) and N2O4 (catalytic ammoina oxidation) from planetary atmosphere & ice mining.

A, U, U+, and O engines will also be given the option of Hydrazine monopropellant from the start as well

I'd like to include the stock and Kerbal Atomics nuclear engines as well. (LH2, LNH3, LCH4)

This will also include a set of configs to remove unused fuel types from the real fuels tank types to save screen real estate in the fuel selection box.

In addition, a second set configurations will be provided that will convert each engine into a "near-future" 'full flow staged combustion cycle' version of the engine.
These configurations will increase the cost of the part by 4x, increase the thrust by about 33%, and improve the ISP for each fuel type by 7%. (these numbers are what the stockalike configuration tool uses).
They will also require the Nanolathing technology in order to use them.

There will be 10 or 11 possible configurations for each engine. Unlocking configurations and increasing the tech levels will require Science points as well as credits.

Too much?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.