My Career (Proper Name Pending) [Prologue}

Skylon

So, I will be posting my missions in my career here, as a story. Not sure if it should be in fan works, or if it is too political. Constructive criticism appreciated, and enjoy!

Prologue: Kerbin is Messed Up

Spoiler

Jebuary 2nd, 1521
I am really about to start writing in a diary? Oh wait, I started already. I’m in too deep. There’s no escape. Well, I guess I’ll get started.

Five years ago the kerbals ruined our future by voting for Lanod Murt to be president of the International Kerbin Government. I couldn’t believe it when the results of the election were released. The media were all over him during the campaign…the things he said…let’s just say they were unacceptable, and not go into further detail.

During the first few weeks of his presidency things were going well; not so many Kwitter insults and atrocities, more rational speeches and decisions. Or so we thought. It turns out that during this period a lot was going behind the scene. I suppose I should have worked out something was wrong when he fired Sejam Mecoy, lead investigator at the International Affairs Department, without releasing any reasons why. I had some crazy conspiracy theories going as a joke trying to explain why Mecoy was fired. They ranged from secret ties with Ussari to him being secretly an alien, about to be discovered. Oh boy, was I wrong.

Mr. Murt had parents who had some…interesting beliefs. It seemed at first that most of these hadn’t been passed down, other than the one about the link between hair style and life expectancy. Well, yeah, I was wrong again there. You see, Murt thought that Kerbin was flat. We heard that news a year after his election which was in 1516, along with his ‘master plan’.

That ‘master plan’ consisted of:

• Cutting all taxes except for a universal 500 kerbuck per year per person to pay for maintenance of Murt’s mansion, governmental fees (which was a fancy word for bribing), and the vast military.
  • Cutting all social security services
  • Cutting all police services
  • Cutting all health services
  • Cutting public schooling
  • And cutting pretty much anything else there was to cut
  • But worst of all, for me at least, he cut the space program

This left Kerbin in a scramble to get as many kerbucks as possible, and making businesses. Since there was no law enforcement, if you wanted protection you had to pay for private services. And that was it. Over the next five years, Kerbin became a wasteland. It is a surprise what is left of society hasn’t crumbled yet.

The only way I can see to fix this is to start a whole new country with new rules. But first I need to gather some followers to start a space program. Not easy when you are unpopular, nerdy and everyone has rejected science. Why a space program, you ask? A) They are cool, B) I have to prove that Kerbin is round, and to do that I need to go up, and C) So I can send Murt to Duna and ‘Make it Great Again!’ as he would say.

I have no idea where to start. That is why I’m writing in you. I need to get some ideas down. I’m thinking I’ll start with some sounding rockets and get some pictures taken. Then again, it’ll be rejected as CGI…I suppose it’s better than nothing. I’ll think of a name when I’ve got something to name.

Formatting is strange from Microsoft Word...

Sorry my friend, this is a little too transparent an allegory for current political events to be suitable for the forum. While making a good story for your mission report is very much encouraged, please make it your own story rather than some current situation with the names changed. Closing this one.