Resourses and exraction

Hi, I am trying to plan a mission where I will send a modular space science lab to gilly/moho to collect a bunch of science from the biomes and analyze it. I have build a reasonable little K&K base, but I am trying to figure out what to do for supplies. I am most used to using the K&K way of making fertilizer with algae from ore, not through MKS with gypsum or minerals. Yet gilly has 0.1% ore and .4% gypsum and 1.4% minerals. I would like to know how to do the math here on how much I will receive for each to make enough fertilizer to keep it going. I am fine with making separate collection/conversion modules for each planet and I have included an algae converter just in case I have to send emergency shipments of ore, I would prefer not to though. How do you calculate the rates of drilling and generation for these products included in the community resource project? I know I can find the conversion rates of other stuff in the MKS documentation, but I do not know if the community resource pack works on the same rate as ore extraction from stock. Hell I don't even know if the drill rates of my non-stock parts factor into it (which they probably do). I am really confused as to how to approach this problem. I could just send ore resupplies, but that just seems like giving up, ya know? Is there anywhere I can find this info?

Also how does scan-sat detection cutoff factor in. I have cutoff really low on gilly for some items but really high on moho. Also I have .3% ore on moho but the map shows nothing. I am very confused about how this entire situation works.

Ok, first off: You should mention which life support mod you're using.  From inference, I'm guessing USI-LS.  (And really, this question should therefore be asked over in that mod's thread, so you'll attract the attention of those who know about the mod.)

Next: CRP (Community Resource Pack) resources work just like stock resources for the extraction mechanic - as they rely entirely on stock to do the work.  (The CRP just defines the resources, and KSP does the rest.)

Beyond that... Honestly, I’m confused by your jumble of questions. :wink:  Slow down, think it through, and sort out what you need to know - quite often just doing that will help you figure out the answer, and even when it doesn't it helps others answer them.

I am using usi LS and pretty much the whole USI bundle.

Thank you, this answer on CRP answers most of my questions. As long as I know I can do the math along those lines I feel like I can engineer to this math. That said you are right I need to ask the USI mod (mks I think) about my issue with drill rates. I might be able to find it out from the charts and info I have found on USI, which has very supportive documentation.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.