TAC-LS / MFT issues

• 2 weeks later...

Nearly the same problematic with RF - ofc it's on the same level in many MM patches.

I'm not sure if I found a culprit, I have to test it next session, but inside
GameData\ThunderAerospace\TacLifeSupportMFT\MM_AddResourcesMFT.cfg
instead of

// Add the ModuleFuelTanks to every command pod with crew capacity > 0, unless it already has ModuleFuelTanks.

@PART[*]:HAS[!MODULE[ModuleFuelTanks],@MODULE[ModuleCommand],#CrewCapacity[>0],~RSSROConfig[]]:FOR[TacLifeSupport]:NEEDS[modularFuelTanks|RealFuels]
{
	MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleFuelTanks
		type = LifeSupportAll
		basemass = -1
		volume = 3.549
		@volume *= #$/CrewCapacity$
	}
} 

I will try it with

// Add the ModuleFuelTanks to every command pod with crew capacity > 0, unless it already has ModuleFuelTanks.

@PART[*]:HAS[!MODULE[ModuleFuelTanks],@MODULE[ModuleCommand],#CrewCapacity[>0],~RSSROConfig[]]:FOR[TacLifeSupport]:NEEDS[modularFuelTanks|RealFuels]
{
	MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleFuelTanks
		type = LifeSupportAll
		basemass = -1
		volume = 3.549
	}
}

// Add the ModuleFuelTanks to every other part with crew capacity > 0, unless it already has ModuleFuelTanks.

@PART[*]:HAS[!MODULE[ModuleFuelTanks],!MODULE[ModuleCommand],#CrewCapacity[>0],~RSSROConfig[]]:FOR[TacLifeSupport]:NEEDS[modularFuelTanks|RealFuels]
{
	MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleFuelTanks
		type = LifeSupportAll
		basemass = -1
		volume = 3.549
	}
}

I did this because I found a clue in OPT Spaceplanes last session, there was a crewable part without ModuleCommand that had no TAC-LS resources and I was not able to add any.
(and because of actual TAC-LS issues the crew died of dehydration within 30 seconds - but that gave me the last hint to check further)

Actually I'm fiddling - for hours now.

I try to do three things at once, which means that I only can see if it works when all three things are working:

1. fix the GameData\ThunderAerospace\TacLifeSupportMFT\MM_AddResourcesMFT.cfg
    so that it also takes crewable parts without command module into account
  2. create an additional patch file for folks who want to have TAC-LS resources in MFT/RF containers ALREADY INSIDE:
    GameData\zFinal\zzz_AddTACLSResourcesMFT.cfg
    (this could also be included into TAC-LS as optional patch with a different path/filename)
  3. fix the GameData\Bluedog_DB\Compatibility\TAC-LS\Command.cfg
    so that it also does MFT/RF patching in a similar way the patch in 2. does

I check the results with some BDB parts and some other parts, especially those from which I know they were incomplete / borked.

Progressing, but still issues.

I decided to name the patch file
GameData\ThunderAerospace\TacLifeSupportMFT\MM_AddResourcesMFT_filled.cfg

It is meant to be optional for users who want the TAC-LS resources already be filled into MFT/RF tanks and the stock resources deleted.
This includes ElectricCharge and ReservePower (when AmpYear is present).

Edited by Gordon Dry

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.