TT's Mod Releases - Development suspended till further notice

TouhouTorpedo

well alrighty then, I guess I can start on building the idea I had:

It's a Kethane mining/refinery/storage complex, but instead of going for a huge unwieldy monolithic thing, I wanted the whole thing mobile. To do this easily, the whole thing will be able to be launched as smaller sub-parts, landed, docked together, and then it can crawl its way from one Kethane deposit to the next on solar power, that way I don't have to re-launch and re-land the thing when the current deposit has run dry. An additional benefit is that I can still separate each module from the others to move them around on more rugged terrain, or to "mountain-hop" (small sub-orbital "hop" to get over something instead of having to drive all the way around it) them to reduce travel time. The "Mountain hopping" strategy should especially useful on Minmus.

So it's basically a modular mining thing? Cool. :D

He has already said they worked. (Correct me if I'm wrong.)

I believe your right, but i think its on the old system(old way of installing) and using the old vs new is performance. I was waiting for an update on the files bc some people are still complaining they dont work.

I believe your right, but i think its on the old system(old way of installing) and using the old vs new is performance. I was waiting for an update on the files bc some people are still complaining they dont work.

Those claiming it doesn't work are still trying to run it with mumech.dll - sadly that plugin doesn't work anymore and stops any parts from loading whatsoever. Without mumech.dll everything works but the trailer hinges.

Those claiming it doesn't work are still trying to run it with mumech.dll - sadly that plugin doesn't work anymore and stops any parts from loading whatsoever. Without mumech.dll everything works but the trailer hinges.

oh ok, i will try this. is there another plugin we need to use? thank you for the response btw

Will the mumech.dll be fixed one day ? I've heard it could be used to make animation on non animated parts but if it doesn't work anymore I don't know how to do it :-/

Will the mumech.dll be fixed one day ? I've heard it could be used to make animation on non animated parts but if it doesn't work anymore I don't know how to do it :-/

Pretty sure it was made by DYJ - the creator of Mechjeb.

oh ok, i will try this. is there another plugin we need to use? thank you for the response btw

No, you shouldn't need anything else unless you run legacy multiwheels (0.4). The current version (0.5) includes its own plugin, and doesn't need anything else for the wheels to work.

Pretty sure it was made by DYJ - the creator of Mechjeb.

R4M0N made mechjeb. DYJ just made another use for one of its modules.

So I just spent my 3 day weekend building a new cargo ship using 16 meters of the MK4 cargo bay. Having been spoiled by B9 prior to even hearing about MK4 I assumed the doors opened. Got it to orbit, rendezvoused with my payload that was launched 2 days ago, right clicked on the bay doors and---you guessed it. they arent doors at all lol. My question is, do Any of you know of another version of the MK4 bay that has been configured to open? Was really looking forward to carrying this kethane monster rig to Vall with this ship :) it was going to replace my two 12m HL cargoships

ps: i made a test ship with the tail section that opens and used hyperedit to get it to the payload to see if it would fit in the door. sadly no, not even close :(

pps: i even tried to crack the ship open like a break barrel shot gun using a DR hinge and quantum struts, but the hinge doesnt collide properly between pieces so I couldnt get the next piece behind it to connect.

The ship

kerbolexpress.jpg

the payload (yes it fits lol, built it in the SPH with the cargohold around it)

kethanemonster1.jpg

2m stuff can only just fit through the door with a lot of wiggling. since you've got a very long 2m payload I can see why you'd have got stuck. I'd hoped a lot more people would have picked up on the MK4 fuselage design and it'd have become more diverse, but only B9 so far has added to the standard.

I've got quite a few mods I'm working on already, (getting stuff up to date) so I don't have time to work on a door for that at the moment. Its something I'll keep in mind, but for now are there any modders you're chummy with, or do you think you might have the ability to do it? I've got the dev kit for those parts in this thread.

So, looking up I did have a part I'd started working on to do a better MK4 Fuselage door, so I've got to work on making it functional.

25qhzdd.png

OrLhCr2.png

Texture is a bit rubbish, the shape doesn't really work too well with solid lines so i'll probably take the panels off the top. It doesn't get quite as low on the ramp as the rear door does down to how it works, but still gets some reasonable clearance.

An album too, of a quick test - http://imgur.com/a/vLfu5 I got the 2.5m in there, but didn't get a chance to test if it'd come back out for reasons which will prove obvious.

Edited by TouhouTorpedo

That does look like it would fit my need :) I was hoping someone knew of a part pack or something that may have been lost in the forum crash,, my searches on the forum and on spaceport have come up with nothing :(

I've not got the skill to make parts, have never looked at any sort of modeling software besides Tekla (and another less known CAD program I can't recall) for making structural steel blueprints at the shop I used to work at. I don't think that would have left me with anything I could carry over to this :)

And yeah, it really is a shame it wasn't picked up more widely.. I think KSP's poor hardware performance has made people build more "just enough" type designs and since actually putting things inside a cargo hold makes no actual difference in the game it leaves most of them unused. I do like shiny thing tho, so if you don't get around to that new door I may force myself to learn a little modeling and texturing :)

All mods are updated, now starting the long boring repacking process.

They still run legacy CFG mode at this time, but it isn't causing any problems. (mods not starting is due to mumech.dll no longer being 0.20 compatible)

All mods have been updated!

Changes :

MK3 IVA v1.2 - is now compatible with 0.20

Changed directory structure in .zip and edited included cfg

MK3 Expansion pack v1.2 - now compatible with 0.20

Converted rocketfuselage to .mu and fixed adapdecoupler cfg

MK4 Fuselage system v1.2 - new part - Front Cargo Bay Guppy Door!

New part added

Modular Multiwheels v5.2.0 - now compatible with 0.20 and new part - Dual landing gear pods!

Converted 1-2 adapter to .mu, Converted Wheeltruss to .mu, New part added

New parts can be seen in the image below:

Gcg8xoX.png

Enjoy, thats my long weekend off work put to good use... lol

Mk3 IVA was already working fine with .20 anyway. Oh but there was a problem, want to point out, I had to replace the cfg in the expansion pack with the original again, and go into the original CFG and change the interior because for some reason it made the part not valid, putting your cfg in it.

(mods not starting is due to mumech.dll no longer being 0.20 compatible)

MuMechLib works fine, mostly. Its just DR that got utterly destroyed by 0.20. Everything else I have runs no problem ... hullcam, MJ1, etc.

MuMechLib works fine, mostly. Its just DR that got utterly destroyed by 0.20. Everything else I have runs no problem ... hullcam, MJ1, etc.

Dunno where you get that idea from, for me it leaves no parts whatsoever in the VAB/SPH.

mumech is pretty wonky now I'd say.

Mk3 IVA was already working fine with .20 anyway. Oh but there was a problem, want to point out, I had to replace the cfg in the expansion pack with the original again, and go into the original CFG and change the interior because for some reason it made the part not valid, putting your cfg in it.

Not sure wat this is all about...maybe the OP can help...

Cdr Zeta

Not sure wat this is all about...maybe the OP can help...

Cdr Zeta

This is what I changed to make it 0.20 compatible. MK3 IVA could have been made to work as it was before yes, but not everyone would have been able to do that. It now works immediately after download in 0.20.

erm... I don't?

So, /GameData or Legacy Parts folder?

Unzip the whole file in the KSP root folder, so the folders in the zip merge with those in the KSP root folder. Do not try and manually place files from these mods, it is intended that the mod components go where they are supposed to when unzipped.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.