How do i put downloaded ships into my KSP game?

As i have yet to be able to to get a space station core into orbit I looked on these very forums for help. How do you put downloaded ships into the KSP game on a MAC?:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(?

Edited by gmister88

If you've downloaded a ship with the .craft extension you need to place that file inside inside your save-game's Ships directory.

The directory structure is Kerbal Space Program / Saves / [Your Save Game Name] / Ships /

Under ships you have two directories: SPH [space Plane Hanger] and VAB [Vehicle Assembly Bay].

If the ship you've downloaded is a rocket it'll go into the VAB, if it's a spaceplane put it in the SPH directory.

Once you've copied the file, load your savegame and you should be able to load the craft inside the VAB or SPH and launch it.

The only other thing to bear in mind is that crafts with mod parts require you to have the same mods installed. I haven't got much experience with mods myself but if you have any issues I'm sure someone here can help.

Good luck!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.