The Space Station design and screenie topic

After about a week of development and a destroyed flash drive a new KSP release and the everyday hustle of life in general...

The WorkShops of RedRockets is proud to present...

Orbital denial vehicle!!

(Loosely Based on the CCCP\'s Almaz secret military space station.)

Spare no expense in keeping your orbit clear of all the unwanted new neighbors!

Long term space station!!

Like a nuclear sub only the crew\'s endurance is the limit.

Self recharge fuel tanks; solar powered sensors and cameras, RTG powered living quarters, crew return vehicle (if they last that long), and the best feature twin solid rocket orbital impactor missiles!!

The sequencing is very fidgety watch out!!

A polar orbit is the most realistic mission profile.

The rocket is designed to be flown with very minimal human inputs just like a military missile.

Only in this case it has two people on board.

Use the RCS and the SAS; burn the first two stages top dead center, the next two at 45 degrees as close to due north as you can, then just fire up the orbital motor and wait till apogee and circularize your orbit.

Not meant to start an arms race in space...but....You Feel Lucky Punk? Well Do Ya?

Throw Down!!

Also posted in the Dedicated Space Vehicle forum

• 2 weeks later...

I have a new Defense station! Presenting, the Sunray:

TX4JE.png

You can see it up top. It has 6 railguns with my custom MIKE rounds. I\'m currently staging the station so it fires in a spiral pattern.

When we get persistence, I\'ll orbit 12 of them in a cross-coverage pattern.

Haven\'t go it into orbit yet, though :-[

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees.

\'Bout time.

Not particularly epic, but I\'m happy with it... even the Intrepid SLS had trouble with orbiting this; I had a 50,000m dip into the atmosphere during orbital insertion but I managed to jump back out long enough to get to Apogee and push my orbit up a bit.

The OWP-1 or Orbital Weapons Platform 1 is a small station that can carry from 1 to 16 Railgun projectiles into orbit. Each of these could be a lump of concrete or a high-impact durable tactical nuclear warhead, depending on how rich your nation is after the mammoth costs of launching this thing. There are provisions on board for two to three Kerbals to stay as long as their arriving spacecraft carries air, water and food for them, as there is barely room for movement next to the huge bundles of wires and silicon that make up the targetting system. The solar panels should rotate to angle themselves to Kerbol as long as you keep them pointing perpendicular to it, but we forgot to install the gyros, so you might have a power problem.

21nmbzc.png

2natwzq.png

It is not recommended to leave Kerbals on board this station without a lifeboat for any period of time. Symptoms of this may include:

• [li]Crew insanity/Space rage[/li]
    [li]Asphyxiation[/li]
    [li]Fart ignition and subsequent craft conflagration[/li]
    [li]Starvation/Dehydration[/li]

Man, this entire topic makes me want to go to Mexico and beat HarvesteR until he promises to include persistence and docking in the next update.

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.