Help with Kerbal Atatchment system.

leax256

Can someone please explain to me why I am unable to to conect these two things together. I have the latest version of KAS and tried with both .20 and .20.1

edit: Whoops forgot the pic

4DW3OFh.png

Edited by leax256

What two things?

Anyway..... I ended up making a rover with all attachment options and then drove it off of the launch pad. Then I launched another one and drove it over to the first. This allowed me to play with and figure out how the attachment system worked. I found that the Kerbal carried attachment devices didn't always attach to parts. anyway, it was much easier doing it that way than in space or trying to figure it out after I created my awesome ship with attachments. I also managed to wreck my station when I retracted another section into it. It's not a foolproof, and shouldn't be, system and takes thought before just blindly attaching stuff to each other.

I for got the pic, thanks

I had the same problem. Judging from the colour of the cable (i.e. no texture), your mod installation went bad. I had the same problem when I installed KAS using the KSP Mod Manager. A manual install over it fixed that.

(I'll bet your winch doesn't retract either! Same problem.)

I had the same problem. Judging from the colour of the cable (i.e. no texture), your mod installation went bad. I had the same problem when I installed KAS using the KSP Mod Manager. A manual install over it fixed that.

1) no the wench does not retract

2) I only did a manual intalation

3) maybe I installed it wrong or got a bugged download.

It was actually a bad install, it turns out you have to move the whole folder into game data. first mod that requires this. solved.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.