Long load times on black loading screen

Ive noticed that going from the tracking station back to the main screen to select VAB or SPH is a good 35-85sec long. Its short sometimes and longer other times. Doesn't seem long but I feel as if it is lol.. Same goes for launching. The audio screeches as well which is horrible when you have headphones on like me. Doesn't seem long but I feel as if it is lol. The whole point of the new Pstate system was to help with load times and remove the need to reload everything everytime right? Wrong? I know the Pstate is still new and needs further work but just though i post something about it.

Anyone else have this? I just feel as if maybe there was some way to improve it somehow? Just a discussion is all. Not really worthy for a bug report if its meant to be like this.

I know there is a lot of information the game has to load for the scene which would explain the load times. Anyone esle having this?

It might be the mods. But just wanted to see other peoples results. Only have three mod packs. B9,KW, and Bobcats American pack installed. Going to try stock ksp because i jusrt had my first crash of ksp in a long time! All I was doing was taking off and it crashed.

It might be the mods. But just wanted to see other peoples results. Only have three mod packs. B9,KW, and Bobcats American pack installed. Going to try stock ksp because i jusrt had my first crash of ksp in a long time! All I was doing was taking off and it crashed.

In my case, stock 0.21 takes the same amount of time to load as 0.20.2 with 6-7 mods.

My system: high end I7, oodles of ram, KSP files on SSD, clean install, no mods. My loading time is good but transitions are "slow"... as in, slower than they were in previous versions. It takes 5 - 6 seconds per black-screen-transition.

This even includes selecting "new craft" in the VAB or SPH. Why does reloading an empty hanger need 5 or 6 seconds? It's a mystery.

I just did a fresh install, and the loading times are still really slow, so it's not my mods. Also, I reverted back to 0.20 and saw that the loading times were near instant, so it's not just in my head.

Gameplay is defiantly smoother for me but like everyone else said that transitions are really slow and causes the audio to make annoying sounds which are really loud in headphone mode. I feel like the Pstate is dumped from the memory and then reloaded when transitioning from VAB, SPH, Launching, and even the space center all slow transitions. Having mods installed effects it even more =/ I hope the devs see this thread and are aware of it that maybe something is out of place with the new system.

I've been working on the final tweaks of a large vehicle design for the last couple of hours and my god those transitions really star to get annoying.

Tweak in SPH: 20 seconds.

Launch transition: 5 - 10 seconds of black (plus gushing air audio that used to play if you ship was about to explode on launch)

Test functionality: 5 seconds.

Revert back to SPH: 5 - 10 seconds of black.

Decide to build a quick, simple craft to test mechanics of new function design so click "new": 5 - 10 seconds of black .... :/

Ugh, I have this same problem, and it is what prompted me to create this account. It has been drastically hindering my aircraft and rocket production unfortunately. I can't post logs since I have mods installed, but looking at other people's logs I think it has something to do with the client not being able to find "transform groups".

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.