New art design

A lot of the newer parts have a distinct, clean design. This has become really apparent with the new KSC buildings.

Personally I love the new design, it make rockets look more aerodynamic and just plain cooler.

So I was wondering if the older parts are going to be updated to match the new graphics style?

I think that they are working on making the graphics, in all aspects of the game "up to par" with the KSC buildings. We can only wait and think. Personally I would like to see some lighting for the command pods and windows and also make the parts a little bit more metallic looking.

I like clean and unified style for all rocket parts, so they will still be bit minimalistic and cartoonist Yet technically believable and serious enough ,so it feels more like a real thing.

I believe that even In career mode it's worth to keep early/low-end parts in same style like more advanced parts, so we can freely using all of them together and they will appear to fit perfectly (also it's no reason that early parts wouldn't be equally useful in end-game too) even if you combine new developed/produced parts with very old ones.

Edited by karolus10

The ultimate would be a way to select skin in the VAB maybe using tweakables?

So you start of with industrial looking parts that become sleeker as research improves. It would also allow you to build a craft to your liking, polished metal, orange insulation, white and so on...

In my mind I figured the best way to update part textures is to have an extra tab in the VAB that lets one select parts on their craft and pick out different skins for tanks, engines, and such, without modifying their position or function of the part itself. The placing of attachment points and the width of the part would have to be kept standard, but otherwise, there is nothing stopping the parts from being reskinned at will as far as I can see. Instead of just having the X-32 tank with only its heavy banded, riveted design, or the X-16 with its strange(ly pool-like) crimped texture all down the sides, why not add variations so they can all be crimped, or all banded, or [x] or [y] texture consistently, or any other combination? People like nothing more than to make their rockets look exactly the way they want, after all.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.