Gentlemen's Naval Battle Club(Attention moderators)

Spartwo

But it's useless. No range, no firepower....

This battle taught me two things: the inflexible is consistently good at attacking and that the Constantine's need to replace their 20 useless Pom Pom guns with more fuel and bigger torpedoes.

But it's useless. No range, no firepower....

This battle taught me two things: the inflexible is consistently good at attacking and that the Constantine's need to replace their 20 useless Pom Pom guns with more fuel and bigger torpedoes.

I put a I-beam on the front of the fighter.all scenarios are set out you may not go higher than the marker

Scenario 1

fighterX2+cruiser V fighterX2+cruise

-asimov fuel depot is under seige one will defend(goes first),one will attack

Scenario 2

a one V one frigate off

I3A8U6I.png

-Sensors have picked up an enemy ship inside a commonly used trade route.Due to recent sancions any enemy deaths are an immediate loss(randomly chosen first attack)

scenario 3

fully stocked carrier v fully stocked

V8xoP3A.png?1

-Turing research base has been boarded by a carrier remove it from minmus orbit at any cost(attacking force goes first)

scenario 4

fighter x2 V fighterx2

SJ2jOCk.png?1

-An Ike radio relay has been destroyed,The moon has already been lost If we can't have Duna nobody can.Due to non funcional relays unmanned craft beyond 600m from the parent craft will be rendered non-funcional(attacking side first)

scenario 5

A 1V1V1V1V1 competition with a craft of choice

-All outposts have been eliminated only Kerbin remains,protect the system by any means possible.(lighest craft goes first)

USE THE DESIGNATION SYSTEM BY BRANNAN!

persist:http://www./download/tv83e2euobsyexy/persistent.sfs

Edited by Spartwo

In Scenario 2, it's a loss if enemy Kerbal pilots die? So the goal is to disable the ship, but not kill anyone?

Edit: I'd like to do Scenario 2, if Treesniper is up to it. Treesniper, you there?

Edit 2: I haven't seen Treesniper on here since this whole thing started. Any other takers?

Edited by daemonCaptrix

I take it no one is interested in the ruleset i suggested earlier?

Daemon I would take you up, I have a <50T ship which I've put far too many hours into, but it's not really designed with these rules in mind (its main defense against other ships of its own size is ramming...)

I would rearm it, but Im in the middle of a mission to put ~100T of equipment on the surface of Duna (and another 100 or so in orbit), so I don't exactly have the time :P

No believe me it's light. Despite having two layers of Armor, it's no match for an Inflexible...

Actually i havent found ANYTHING that can stand up to an Inflexible...

0iu9MA0.png

S – Super Heavy (All ships above 250 tons falls under this category)

H – Heavy (All ships between 150 and 250 tons falls under this category)

M – Medium (All ships between 50 and 150 tons falls under this category)

L – Light (All ships below 50 tons falls under this category)

class

A – Cruiser (All ‘Heavy’ ships that engage in direct combat with other ships that fall below 500 parts.)

B – Battleship (All ‘Super Heavy’ ships that engage in direct combat with other ships between 500 and 700 parts fall under this category.)

C – Carrier (All ships that carry other craft that engage in direct or indirect combat with other ships fall under this category.)

D – Destroyer (All ‘Medium’ ships that engage in direct combat with other ships below 500 parts.)

E – Frigate (All ‘Light’ ships that engage in direct combat with other ships between 200 and 500 parts fall under this category.)

F – Strikecraft (All ‘Light’ ships that engage in direct combat with other ships below 200 parts fall under this category.)

L – Engineering and Logistics (All ships that perform non-combat support roles in the maintenance and operation of military assets falls under this category.)

T – Transport (All ships that carry other craft that do not engage in combat with other ships fall under this category.)

V – Multirole (All ships that perform significantly varied roles fall under this category.)

X – Prototype (All experimental ships fall under this category.)

BA – Battlecruiser (All ‘Heavy’ ships that engage in direct combat with other ships between 500 and 700 parts.)

BB – Dreadnaught (All ‘Super Heavy’ ships that engage direct combat with other ships above 700 parts fall under this category.)

put that on the first post. that's useful.

Also the Ward is 130 tons so it's technically Medium Cruiser...

Also you need a missile launcher category. I guess i could call the Inflexible a "Medium Carrier"...

If it's a missile launcher, but not technically a "ship", just call it whatever you want but officially classify it as the appropriate ship type for rules purposes. A Weapons Platform category might make sense though.

Edit:

No believe me it's light. Despite having two layers of Armor, it's no match for an Inflexible...

Actually i havent found ANYTHING that can stand up to an Inflexible...

I missed this before. Challenge accepted!

Edited by daemonCaptrix

Challenge accepted!

many people have tried to make effective armour in ksp... with little success...

Also, just did some interesting weapons research, I was testing melting stuff with engine flare:

Only separatrons damage things significantly with engine flare, weirdly enough.

And they hit HARD, 6 separatrons can scythe through 2 armour plates and a fuel tank... oddly wing armour is actually MORE effective in this regard, slightly higher maxtemp means 2 layers of wing are just enough to prevent the fuel tank below from popping.

I'm not sure if it's entirely practical to use them this way, though it doesn't sound like the worst idea ever, considering it requires no aim skills. I guess it might be more effective on small ships...

many people have tried to make effective armour in ksp... with little success...

Also, just did some interesting weapons research, I was testing melting stuff with engine flare:

Only separatrons damage things significantly with engine flare, weirdly enough.

And they hit HARD, 6 separatrons can scythe through 2 armour plates and a fuel tank... oddly wing armour is actually MORE effective in this regard, slightly higher maxtemp means 2 layers of wing are just enough to prevent the fuel tank below from popping.

I'm not sure if it's entirely practical to use them this way, though it doesn't sound like the worst idea ever, considering it requires no aim skills. I guess it might be more effective on small ships...

Wing armor makes it lighter and less part count. but not as good against heavier missiles...