Yxxxx Industries

yxxxx

Yxxxx Industries are proud to present the first in what they hope to be many rocket parts.

The First to market is a slight modification to the standard Fuel tank.

Using the basic design of the FL series of fuel containers yxxxx Industries brings a brand new fuel source to the original design. Achieved by heavily modifying the internal structure and borrowing a couple components from a man in a pub they have managed to squeeze in more fuel for the same weight cost and only a slightly higher chance of creating creators on the launch pad.

Enjoy :P

Any feed back would be welcome

Fuel Tanks

YXN2047

Download http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=482.0;attach=393

th_fueltank1.png Fueltankship-1.pngKSP2011-07-2014-45-05-70-2.jpg

This was the same problem I had with the XL Fuel tank: increasing fuel capacity without increasing weight or drag doesn't make any sense and makes it too easy to make rockets that can travel to the Andromeda galaxy without refueling.

My suggestion: rather than have the con be only a higher chance of exploding, increase the weight or increase the amount of drag it causes. Since your idea is that it somehow holds more fuel for less weight, make air resistance a much harsher mistress when this puppy's added on. It could make sense that way; the fuel tank's designed in a much less aeronautically-helpful shape to hold more for the same weight.

Both very good points which i completly agree with which is why these only add a couple of seconds extra boost.

Im still messing around with the editor and what the diffrent variables do.

It's ok. but I fail to see the benefit of 5 seconds extra fuel. Now, make it 30 seconds, and there you go, but make it heavier, and with a higher chance of boomey-crash. That'd show that added weight of having more fuel and the added danger of having it more pressurised. 8)

Its difficult to strike a balance between making something thats useful and that doesnt feel like breaking the game and making something that goes too far the other way and makes it just to easy to get into space.

I think that the way i have done it by adding a little more fuel with a higer chance of explosion is a good mid point