TK31 Liquid Booster Engine

Carl

It's not the most efficent liquid rocket around, but it will get even very heavy stacks off the ground for you. Especially useful for getting high fuel T30 liquid stages above the worst of the drag. It currently lacks a custom texture as i can't texture, but if somone want to volunteer servises i know what i want to change :(.

I've included an example booster to give you an idea of it's abilities, yes it flies.

Pictures incoming...please standby....

Anyone know where the screenshots are stored, i can't find them :(.

EDIT: okay screenies, from luanchpad to somwhere just after seperation of command module.

Obviously not a great rocket on it's own, eats fuel like crazy, but very useful for getting otherwise impossibbly heavy upper stages airborne and high enough to overcome a lot of air resistance. Peak alltitude was around 35,000.

screenshot0c.png

screenshot1ph.png

screenshot2fc.png

screenshot3kx.png

screenshot4qt.png

screenshot5b.png

Anyone had any luck with this, while my initial test rockets that i used to check it workd and produce that screenshot all worked fine, most attempts to create actual boosters have been slightly less spectaculuar, without being able to use fins like that it's fairly hard to keep the whole thing stable, the extra thrust per engine seems to exsaserbate stability issues. So whilst i can get heavy upper stage configurations airborne, the rocket typiclly rips itself apart beore it finishes booster phase. Was wondering if the more experianced boffins have had any luck with this.

Well it's complete barring maybe some tweaking based on feedback so i'd call it release stage. But yes it's pure CFG edits at this point. I can't texture worth a damm, i'd have liked to change it but i lack the skills to mak the necessery edits.

Edit CFG's are not mods.

Can a mod remove this please. ;)

Or move it. It's still a perefctly good mod that's also referenced in the index.

Edit: This is a release. Not all addons are models. (Some are tweaks ;D)

Or move it. It's still a perefctly good mod that's also referenced in the index.

Edit: This is a release. Not all addons are models. (Some are tweaks ;D)

Agreed.

Lets list this one as a Tweak. ;)

My understanding was that anything to do with a specfic thing or WIP sections of a specific thing went in the sub forums, finished forms, (Or at least barring any later changes), went here in this forum. Ideally i'd liked to have used new textures, but i can't texture so thats not an option.

Glad somebody liked it, not tried the big orange tanks with them yet, going to have to look that one up as rockets do tend to run rather too tall with current tankage. That said what are peole making of the efficiancy. Currently they have about 40% the efficiancy of regular engines, (fuel consumption to thrust ratio = efficiancy), i'm begining to think 50% efficiancy might have been ok though, as currently without other tankage addons i'm finding it awfully hard to create a stable rocket able to take real advantage of these. It's pretty much a case of: You'll never use one of those, (but you might find a good use for several with enough fuel)....

• 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.