Kerbal Corp Wars!

StrahmDude

I tested your weapons, delfiler, and where do I begin? Your faring design is pretty cool but it's kind of pointless in all honesty. Your weapons are clunky and hardly efficient. Plus, your action groups make no sense and the whole thing is not user friendly by any stretch of the word. In conclusion your missiles will either run out of fuel before they can be properly aimed or be easily destroyed by an anti-missile system. So good idea but very poor execution.

so we can both pull out a few conclusions of this, it's not the rocket's fault but the builder/user of them ^^ i mean i have enough for my use to do anything i want with it but as you stated you can't cause you run out of fuel, i can make it go a 180 and break at the right point and have it in position but you don't again it's not the designs fault but the users fault, and my rockets don't have to get close and personal na i do it with kinetic force as well but mine have it fast but your need a build up for it do you get it? so in short my rockets gwet their power quick but yours/macey's get them slow and yeah my rockets are pretty vunrable but that is where the fairing comes in play:sticktongue:

so we can both pull out a few conclusions of this, it's not the rocket's fault but the builder/user of them ^^ i mean i have enough for my use to do anything i want with it but as you stated you can't cause you run out of fuel, i can make it go a 180 and break at the right point and have it in position but you don't again it's not the designs fault but the users fault, and my rockets don't have to get close and personal na i do it with kinetic force as well but mine have it fast but your need a build up for it do you get it? so in short my rockets gwet their power quick but yours/macey's get them slow and yeah my rockets are pretty vunrable but that is where the fairing comes in play:sticktongue:

Moral of the story we need better weapons :P

choninja21 your is a fighter

delfiler.... To be honest I don't know what this is.... Can you please elaborate? Is entire thing a missile? Does it shoot missles? Or does it go and drain the enemies fuel? Based by it's size I would guess it is a fighter. However it could also be classified as a missile depending on what it does.

Also I would like to bring up ai ships. I believe with taking over ships, we made it so the attacker has to equal the number of defenders, but should we change it to outnumber for balance reasons? Also how should we treat it if there's a ai on the ship? If there is a tie?

Also I would like to hear what people have to say on the cost of things. Are the rovers and shuttles too cheap? You can attack them during combat. Also do ships and building cost to much/little? What do you guys think?

Also I would like to bring up ai ships. I believe with taking over ships, we made it so the attacker has to equal the number of defenders, but should we change it to outnumber for balance reasons? Also how should we treat it if there's a ai on the ship? If there is a tie?

Also I would like to hear what people have to say on the cost of things. Are the rovers and shuttles too cheap? You can attack them during combat. Also do ships and building cost to much/little? What do you guys think?

I think we should change the taking over rules and make it so that the attackers have to outnumber the defenders for a successful take over.

I'm itching to start this thing before I get too busy and it becomes more difficult for me to find time

Well, now that I have my new computer that can run KSP on max and treat it like a background program, I am most deffinatly ready to start recording. We just need to set up a time and do the intro video. We also need to split up the planets and leave some open for future additions.

Well, now that I have my new computer that can run KSP on max and treat it like a background program, I am most deffinatly ready to start recording. We just need to set up a time and do the intro video. We also need to split up the planets and leave some open for future additions.

Sounds like a plan

Alright. THE PLANETS!

1cICb.png

So! These are the planets! First of, Kerbol Kerbin, and the Mun are off limits. Also everything past the asteroid belt doesn't exist XD Note! Missing Dres. Between Duna and Jool, and Pol the 5th moon of Jool. Also Eeloo after Jool.

So Planets we have up for grabs are!

I just want to point this how. What should the planet limit be? We will sort this out before planets are picked!

Moho: No one | 2.70 m/s2<small style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: sans-serif; line-height: 19.200000762939453px; background-color: rgb(246, 246, 246);">(0.275 g)</small> gravity, no atmosphere.

Eve: No one | 2.70 m/s2<small style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: sans-serif; line-height: 19.200000762939453px; background-color: rgb(246, 246, 246);">(0.275 g)</small> gravity , autmoshere (Thick). No shuttles! No ground combat! (An't nobody got time for dat! Reason, until tested, the thick atmosphere will make things no go so well) (planes don't work!)

Gilly: No one | 0.049 m/s2<small style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: sans-serif; line-height: 19.200000762939453px; background-color: rgb(246, 246, 246);">(0.005 g)</small> gravity, no atmosphere.

minimus: No one | 0.491 m/s2<small style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: sans-serif; line-height: 19.200000762939453px; background-color: rgb(246, 246, 246);">(0.05 g)</small> gravity, no aumoshere.

Duna: No one | 2.94 m/s2<small style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: sans-serif; line-height: 19.200000762939453px; background-color: rgb(246, 246, 246);">(0.3 g)</small> gravity, autmoshere (thin)

Ike: No one | 1.10 m/s2<small style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: sans-serif; line-height: 19.200000762939453px; background-color: rgb(246, 246, 246);">(0.112 g)</small> gravity, no atmosphere.

Dres: No one | 1.13 m/s2<small style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: sans-serif; line-height: 19.200000762939453px; background-color: rgb(246, 246, 246);">(0.115 g</small> gravity, no autmoshere

Jool....... I just had a idea. Yes I am putting this right by it. How about Jool offers a additional 15 BP per turn to the person who owns the most planets? At the start people can only claim half. This will be a good early war. Also you can't land on jool, so ya

Tylo: No one | 7.85 m/s2<small style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: sans-serif; line-height: 19.200000762939453px; background-color: rgb(246, 246, 246);">(0.8 g)</small> gravity, no atmosphere. No ground combat. Too much gravity.

Vall: No one | 2.31 m/s2<small style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: sans-serif; line-height: 19.200000762939453px; background-color: rgb(246, 246, 246);">(0.235 g)</small> gravity, no autmoshere.

Laythe: No one | 7.85 m/s2<small style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: sans-serif; line-height: 19.200000762939453px; background-color: rgb(246, 246, 246);">(0.8 g)</small> gravity, autmoshere (.8atm). No ground combat. Special building. I want you guys to tell me what you think. Only one can be built.

Bop: No one | 0.589 m/s2<small style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: sans-serif; line-height: 19.200000762939453px; background-color: rgb(246, 246, 246);">(0.06 g)</small> gravity, no autmoshere

Pol: No one | 0.373 m/s2<small style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: sans-serif; line-height: 19.200000762939453px; background-color: rgb(246, 246, 246);">(0.038 g)</small> gravity, no autmoshere. No ground combat. To little gravity.

Eeloo: No one | 1.69 m/s2<small style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: sans-serif; line-height: 19.200000762939453px; background-color: rgb(246, 246, 246);">(0.172 g)</small> gravity, no atmosphere.

Edited by StrahmDude

read the last post on 9.

2 things.

A) How should we handle videos? All on one channel together, or on serrate channels? (channel name will be Kerbal Corp Wars)

B) I don't have a good username for this. Any ideas?

The idea is if A is accepted, then we upload all of the views on one channel and do a turn video of all of the big points put together in one video. Then we can upload separate videos on our own channels on small details. Also make battles there own videos.

Also I was thinking I would be "Gamemaster". Any objections?

Finally a new idea of the building system. How about we do a thing where we have a base price for the size and then add price based on the shots. Like 1 for small shots that can be loaded normally and 2 for medium and 3 for large.

Any thoughts?

Also I was thinking we would do a test game once ready. We would upload these videos and use these to make changes and balance.

What do you think?

General jist:

1) Fighter only small missles (can dock with carrier)

2) Satellite defences. Any missles

3) Frigate medium and small (can only dock with a super carrier) (about the size of the things ramming macy's fighters in the final fight)

4) Cruiser medium and small (Is to big to dock with a super carrier) (about the size of the ship with like 50 missles)

5) battleship small to large (The armored thing that macy built that destroyed a carrier)

6) carrier none (size of macy's)

7) supercarrier small

8) any sort of ground defense used to launch ships.

Edited by StrahmDude

Also I was thinking that macy's ships will work well as basic ships, but can anyone fill in the gaps and design basic ships for the rest?

Also clams. What do you guys think? Control for three turns?

Also, how long do you think a turn should be? A month in in game time, 2 months? (Also consider the people in different time zones. We need some way to accommodate for them)

Also in setup, turns will no pass.

I also want to point out that we really need one more person. I can get my brother if push comes to shove by we need at lease 3 corps to get this going well.

Edited by StrahmDude

Alright. THE PLANETS!

http://i.imgur.com/1cICb.png

So! These are the planets! First of, Kerbol Kerbin, and the Mun are off limits. Also everything past the asteroid belt doesn't exist XD Note! Missing Dres. Between Duna and Jool, and Pol the 5th moon of Jool. Also Eeloo after Jool.

So Planets we have up for grabs are!

I just want to point this how. What should the planet limit be? We will sort this out before planets are picked!

Moho: No one | 2.70 m/s2<small style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: sans-serif; line-height: 19.200000762939453px; background-color: rgb(246, 246, 246);">(0.275 g)</small> gravity, no atmosphere.

Eve: No one | 2.70 m/s2<small style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: sans-serif; line-height: 19.200000762939453px; background-color: rgb(246, 246, 246);">(0.275 g)</small> gravity , autmoshere (Thick). No shuttles! No ground combat! (An't nobody got time for dat! Reason, until tested, the thick atmosphere will make things no go so well) (planes don't work!)

Gilly: No one | 0.049 m/s2<small style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: sans-serif; line-height: 19.200000762939453px; background-color: rgb(246, 246, 246);">(0.005 g)</small> gravity, no atmosphere.

minimus: No one | 0.491 m/s2<small style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: sans-serif; line-height: 19.200000762939453px; background-color: rgb(246, 246, 246);">(0.05 g)</small> gravity, no aumoshere.

Duna: No one | 2.94 m/s2<small style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: sans-serif; line-height: 19.200000762939453px; background-color: rgb(246, 246, 246);">(0.3 g)</small> gravity, autmoshere (thin)

Ike: No one | 1.10 m/s2<small style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: sans-serif; line-height: 19.200000762939453px; background-color: rgb(246, 246, 246);">(0.112 g)</small> gravity, no atmosphere.

Dres: No one | 1.13 m/s2<small style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: sans-serif; line-height: 19.200000762939453px; background-color: rgb(246, 246, 246);">(0.115 g</small> gravity, no autmoshere

Jool....... I just had a idea. Yes I am putting this right by it. How about Jool offers a additional 15 BP per turn to the person who owns the most planets? At the start people can only claim half. This will be a good early war. Also you can't land on jool, so ya

Tylo: No one | 7.85 m/s2<small style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: sans-serif; line-height: 19.200000762939453px; background-color: rgb(246, 246, 246);">(0.8 g)</small> gravity, no atmosphere. No ground combat. Too much gravity.

Vall: No one | 2.31 m/s2<small style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: sans-serif; line-height: 19.200000762939453px; background-color: rgb(246, 246, 246);">(0.235 g)</small> gravity, no autmoshere.

Laythe: No one | 7.85 m/s2<small style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: sans-serif; line-height: 19.200000762939453px; background-color: rgb(246, 246, 246);">(0.8 g)</small> gravity, autmoshere (.8atm). No ground combat. Special building. I want you guys to tell me what you think. Only one can be built.

Bop: No one | 0.589 m/s2<small style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: sans-serif; line-height: 19.200000762939453px; background-color: rgb(246, 246, 246);">(0.06 g)</small> gravity, no autmoshere

Pol: No one | 0.373 m/s2<small style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: sans-serif; line-height: 19.200000762939453px; background-color: rgb(246, 246, 246);">(0.038 g)</small> gravity, no autmoshere. No ground combat. To little gravity.

Eeloo: No one | 1.69 m/s2<small style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: sans-serif; line-height: 19.200000762939453px; background-color: rgb(246, 246, 246);">(0.172 g)</small> gravity, no atmosphere.

I call Duna and Ike

This sounds like an awesome idea. Sounds really complex as I have no knowledge of any KSP mods, but I have a great computer and have absolutely no problem running kerbal. I may be interested in this if you're still looking for people. Although I might be considered a noob comparatively. I've done quite a bit with my regular kerbal and I think I have a pretty good idea of the mechanics.

This sounds like an awesome idea. Sounds really complex as I have no knowledge of any KSP mods, but I have a great computer and have absolutely no problem running kerbal. I may be interested in this if you're still looking for people. Although I might be considered a noob comparatively. I've done quite a bit with my regular kerbal and I think I have a pretty good idea of the mechanics.

That's fine the more the merrier

read the last post on 9.

2 things.

A) How should we handle videos? All on one channel together, or on serrate channels? (channel name will be Kerbal Corp Wars)

B) I don't have a good username for this. Any ideas?

The idea is if A is accepted, then we upload all of the views on one channel and do a turn video of all of the big points put together in one video. Then we can upload separate videos on our own channels on small details. Also make battles there own videos.

Also I was thinking I would be "Gamemaster". Any objections?

Finally a new idea of the building system. How about we do a thing where we have a base price for the size and then add price based on the shots. Like 1 for small shots that can be loaded normally and 2 for medium and 3 for large.

Any thoughts?

Also I was thinking we would do a test game once ready. We would upload these videos and use these to make changes and balance.

What do you think?

General jist:

1) Fighter only small missles (can dock with carrier)

2) Satellite defences. Any missles

3) Frigate medium and small (can only dock with a super carrier) (about the size of the things ramming macy's fighters in the final fight)

4) Cruiser medium and small (Is to big to dock with a super carrier) (about the size of the ship with like 50 missles)

5) battleship small to large (The armored thing that macy built that destroyed a carrier)

6) carrier none (size of macy's)

7) supercarrier small

8) any sort of ground defense used to launch ships.

I think we should post our perspectives on our respective channels. Also what do you want people to call you in chat, commentary, etc?

(You can call me "Ninja" or "Guy")

Please come join us! What time zone are you in?

We will be using few mods, and don't worry, I am also a noob, so I am going to make sure it is noob frendly, and make sure our lives are made as easy as possible.

The only mod we will be using is KSP Multiplayer.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.