Return of the Kraken?

Youtube Link

The only mod I'm using is MechJeb.

Repeated issue with this ship exploding or falling apart. Sometimes it also "accelerates" (acts as if an engine is on) and the orbit changes when it's not supposed to. It happens under acceleration or freefall, with autopilot or SAS on or off, with torque wheels on or off. It has happened in Kerbin orbit, sun orbit, Ike escape trajectory into Duna orbit, in atmo during Duna aerobraking.

It is actually two ships: the nuclear tug in the back and the lander/science ship in the front. The lander/science ship seems to be the problem: it has happened once or twice just to that with the tug undocked.

How can I design the ship so this won't happen? KSP is pretty much unplayable with this relatively uncomplicated ship, it took countless quick-saves to get to Duna. I did use the terrible barely-working "Rockomax HubMax Multi-Point Connector" piece, and the four "arms" on the lander attached to that piece wouldn't work with symmetry. I created one arm, and then had to copy/rotate it to create the other 3. Is that the problem? Or is it something entirely unrelated to the hub max piece?

EDIT see this thread http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/92341-Return-of-the-Kraken

Edited by Jaevko