3.75m decoupler broken?

Since 0.23.5 came out I've been having trouble with the 3.25m decouplers. Each time I activate the game will crash or the camera will start moving away from the ship into space.

This isn't limited to a certain design and will happen to any ships I try to add this piece to.

There's a workaround/fix for the decoupler if you still use 0.23.5, e.g. because mods you use are not available in versions compatible with 0.24.2. Otherwise I recommend you to upgrade to 0.24.2 as in it the decoupler should work fine.

There are problems with radial decouplers in 0.24.2 but not that severe.

I'm on 0.24.2

The stack decouplers are still broken a bit, but I haven't heard anyone complain about crashing/camera problems with 0.24.2 either.

You can still try that fix that Kasuha mentioned since I think the decouplers were still set to physicsless in 0.24.2 and hopefully that will fix it.

Since this hasn't been posted much for 0.24, can you provide some details?

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/92230-Stock-Support-Bug-Reporting-Guide

Cheers,

-Claw

I tried tricks that made the issue appear in 0.23.5 and none worked, the decoupler was doing what it was supposed to.

I'd suggest you to make sure you really use 0.24.2, both the binary and part definitions.

If it persists, post a craft of a ship that doesn't work for you. If it is stock I'll test how it works on my computer.

I've just experienced crashes when using this decoupler. Just cropped up though and I'm pretty sure I've used it prior… I'll see if the fix works.

edit: when to the part cfg and changed the physics value to 0 and it fixed it...

Edited by Project Pluto

I've just experienced crashes when using this decoupler. Just cropped up though and I'm pretty sure I've used it prior… I'll see if the fix works.

edit: when to the part cfg and changed the physics value to 0 and it fixed it...

Is physics on or off on the part when its set to 0?

The logic is reverted. The part is physicsless when the parameter is set to 1 (and when other conditions are met; root part cannot be physicsless, for instance).

Cheers. :) I'm trying it with physics enabled.

Anyone know why it had it disabled? Out of all the decouplers the 3.75m one makes least sense to have it turned off? :/

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.