Can't test the TR-18A Stack Decoupler. I meet all requirements Flying, altitude, etc

When you're getting a contract, read the description. Besides the story which you can safely skip, and parameters which you can always check during the test, it also contains description how the test is performed. Engines are usually tested either by activating them through staging, or by clicking on Run test button in their right-click menu.

When you're getting a contract, read the description. Besides the story which you can safely skip, and parameters which you can always check during the test, it also contains description how the test is performed. Engines are usually tested either by activating them through staging, or by clicking on Run test button in their right-click menu.

Ah! I didn't activate it through staging.

Yes, I will echo what Kasuha said. Make sure you read the contract. It specifies how to "complete." Additionally, the "test engine X" contracts don't usually require you to have fuel onboard or that it actually runs. Just that you stage or right-click test it.

Cheers,

-Claw

Additionally, the "test engine X" contracts don't usually require you to have fuel onboard or that it actually runs

or that it wasn't running before. just make an empty stage below the current running stage, and re-stage it to "test" engines while using the same engine to get to the desired test altitude. :)

or that it wasn't running before. just make an empty stage below the current running stage, and re-stage it to "test" engines while using the same engine to get to the desired test altitude. :)

Or activate the engine by using Right-Click-Activate. Then stage is later to complete the test. Seems there's all kinds of ways to get the job done. :)

• 5 months later...

yes the actual instructions on testing dose not give an accurate description on I have found in testing especially those involving staging , I have to actually attach the part to outside of vehicle then get to parameters then test because actually using part to get to parameters dose invalidate part for testing , not good gaming IMO and I have played game since space invaders, it like a saving a game al day then coming back next day and nothing from day before is in save game folder ...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.