What would cause this?

Unless you've intentionally disabled logging, there is always an output log. The debug menu is largely the same information as the KSP.log, meaning it says there is an error, but doesn't say where. The output log may show that.

The mod list is a start, but the rest of the information in the How to Get Support sticky would help. Particularly the output log and a description of what's changed. I haven't watched the entire video, but all you've given is vague comments like "There's some strange forces at work here."

I dont know what happened, it was during a live stream so i couldn't exactly sit and try to investigate. there is a video of the bug and the video shows the debug menu which is all the information that I had while streaming.

this is the ksp.log : https://www.dropbox.com/s/rmcj8hek16h8uzq/KSP.log?dl=0

no crash log was created is what I should have said as the game did not crash.

The point is that we can only see the results from that stream, not what it was before. You seemed surprised by something when you got close to the base – what had changed?

I understood that you meant the game had not crashed. There is still always an output log. Read the support stickies to find out where.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.