Stack tri coupler and possibly others.

I keep getting problems with the Tri coupler not taking on items in dual symmetry mode. Then the game gets stuck in duel symmetry mode. Then the game locks up. I just posted in a thread about this but I'm keep wondering if it might be a different issue so I made a thread. Anyone else get this. Is this a 0.9 beta issue? It's making it impossible for me to design ships as I use that alot. Particularly with my space planes. And I only make space planes. 8) Or obsurdely wierd items attempting to reproduce engines/mechanical devices I can use as real world functions for my ultimate mothership design. And those all need lots of symmetry!

I think this is also happening with other connectors. It seems to be a degrading issue somehow. Is it a memory leak or some other logical error? It seems like once you try it it just gets worse. It also seems to be harder recently to get items to connect. I said memory leak only because sometimes it crashes the game in the end.

Edit: I forgot. Once of the developing symptoms is it starts to not connect at all. I can get it to duel mode and look like it should connect. But once I hit left click it just connects and disconnects and goes back and never connects. It seems to be a general new problem with connections and the game lining up stuff. after I try to click like this it gets the game stuck in duel mode also sometimes, but this may be temporary. It either goes away when you click on other items a few times or I'm missing that is logic that is supposed to be there.

Edited by Arugela

From what I know, the multi-couplers have always been a bit weird with symmetry. If it's any worse than it was previously, it'll be because the editors were rewritten, and likely as not much of the symmetry logic reconsidered. It seems they overlooked the multi-couplers, though.

I think it's a known issue, though.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.