My monster manned mission to the Mun went through a few iterations before finally being somewhat successful. The mission consists of 12 complete manned munar landers, with their own Kerbin return capability and stuffed full of science equipment, strapped to two large Kerbodyne tanks. It is designed to get maximum science out of all Mun biomes, in order to unlock the parts needed for even grander schemes. This beast is more than 1000 parts big at launch. It doesn't save properly, but is always called "auto-saved ship" (instead of "Munar madness"). *At one point, symmetry got screwed up, and all twelve munar landers got attached to the same point and placed inside each others. One of the spotlights on all of them also turned on. My framerate turned... not off, but close. Reload. Lauch time: launch underpowered. Rebuild. And rebuild. MOAR boosters! If I recall correctly (i'm at work now) it has: Six of the new liquid fuel boosters 18 of the long solid fuel boosters (3 to each LFB (LRB?)) 54 of the medium length fuel boosters (three to each long SRB) --- Something went wrong with the numerous struts during symmetry building. On launch, when separating the last of the SRBs, one of the LFBs exploded. I didn't really notice until the craft decided not to go to space today, even when correcting with all the RCS thrusters on all the landers. Retry: explosion. Rebuild all struts I could find: explosion. Rebuild everything below the waist: no explosion. But the Kerbodyne rocket engine at the very center very serenely drifted away when separating the LFBs. ...oh well, there's plenty of fuel in the next stage, let's go to the Mun! ...hm, turns out there wasn't. Rebuild, retry, engine fell off again (I think it even exploded this time). Add separatrons! What do you know, it actually worked! Enter munar orbit. Detach one lander - success! Land it on the Mun - not so much success. Turns out I built them too small, and the fuel didn't last all the way down to the landing ...I mean crash site. Reset, rebuild, bigger better, add some MOAR BOOSTERS for the added weight, relaunch, retry. This launch used up so much RCS fuel from the landers, they couldn't land controllably. Add lots of tanks and RCS thrusters to the main body, relaunch. NOW we're in business, finally. I didn't want to go around deactivating all RCS tanks on all twleve landers before launch, but now we're in orbit with more than enough RCS fuel left to top off the landers as they leave. Landing 1, canyon: Lander tipped over. Righted by RCS, scienced, launched, returned to Kerbin. Success! Landing 2, some big crater: Nice enough, but had to my RCS dry to get to a Kerbin intercept orbit. Landing 3, some small crater: Was going to land on very uneven ground, tried to fix it end ended up semi-crashing a bit farther away. Launch vehicle tipped over. Went out and scienced anyway. got science from instruments and stuffed them in capsule. Tried to right vehicle for launch: Science jr. exploded. Oh well, at least the data is safe. Separate stages. Not enough fuel to get anywhere near home. Quickload... Only to find that the quicksave was of landing 2. Tomorrow, I'll probably retry landing 3, hopefully with more success. Then there's only 4 thru 12 left that can go disastrously wrong... By the way, with two of the landers separated the ship still has 600+ parts. It's a real relief for the computer when a lander gets far enough from the mothership to put it on rails. Edit: This mission has now ended, with only two further problems: 1. I counted biomes from the wrong list when I created the ship, so I didn't bring enough ships for all the biomes of the MÃƒÂ¼n, 2. I tried to put the mothership with two landers remaining into a polar orbit, in order to save lander fuel when visiting higher latitudes. The remaining landers were attached asymmetrically, and all I managed to do was to tumble. I detached one of the landers, landed, scienced, flew home, quicksaved a few times during the process - and found that the mothership and the remaining lander was gone. Apparently, the attempts to change the orbit resulted in one intersecting MÃƒÂ¼n... my only non-F9able kerbonaut fatality so far.