Status Replies posted by MacLuky
I don't know how to use it but I was told the answer to the EVA distance issue not being able to reach the com on the habitat is resolved with the following code snippet:
EL_Utils.SetupEVAEvent (Events["StopResourceConverter"], EVARange);
It's related to the event class and not a config file entry change, however, so I'm not sure what to do with it. I was also told a mod is required to do it. So: a mod for a mod to a mod. If I get it anywhere with it down the road I'll let you know, unless you happen to know what to do with that code?
Here's the space station. I'm going to see if I can do any animation on it.
For a basic animation you insert a keyframe, then say 60 frames down the line you rotate the thing 360 degrees (r z 360) and insert another keyframe.
export the thing as fbx and make it looping in unity.
Here is my completely useless cheat sheet: (copy pasta)
Blender Export Workflow
- tools remove doubles
- create a collider 12 vertices, rotate 15 degrees
- on the object > material > add unique material
Blender Animations Workflow
Animated leg tutorial YVegan
- animation bar reduce end-frame to 50
- move 3D cursor to pivot point (cntrl-alt-shift-c ?)
- move to frame 1
- select in left menu object tools > animations
- insert keyframe locrotscale (begin)
- move to final keyframe
- cntrl-a apply rotation and scale / or visual transform to set center point
- move 3d cursor to pivot point (cntrl-alt-shift-c)
- in object mode rotate
- insert keyframe locrotscale (end)
- be sure to export as FBX file
- under animation properties of the export untick NLA Strips and All Actions
- foot under leg
- foot center set to origin point foot
- leg center set to origin point leg
- move leg
- move foot
- disable manipulate centerpoints!