What can YOU build in half an hour?

That's the challenge. Build something in half an hour. Doesn't matter what it is. Then test it. You have unlimited time to test it. If you took less than half an hour to build it, you can use that spare time to make modifications to it after testing.

Then show it to us, and tell us what it can do. We'd love to see it!

My entry: a non-airhogging SSTO that can get to minmus and back (although at one point it was running on fumes(literally, rcs fumes)). Pictures coming soon!

Edited by quasarrgames

I get most of my best builds done in less than an hour, and a fair number done under a half an hour. I find that I overwork things very easily.

My YouTube name (check out my channel!) is Bagel Rabbit, and I designed my original logo as a rabbit with a bagel for its body, a lá Nyan Cat. Just for the sake of this challenge, I decided to time my building of a Bagel Rabbit.

My time came out to 19:30 or so (I started the clock a few seconds before I actually started building). The rabbit itself has thirty-eight parts, measures 1.4x1.2x1.6m, and weighs a bit under 0.6 tons (it's really small). It can't really do anything, but it looks cool, and it took a lot of using the new Editor tools to make it work. I'm especially proud of that accelerometer nose.

f6z4tqz.jpg

I find that building small stuff is a great way to find creative uses for parts in stock KSP. I need to do this sort of thing more often.

-Upsilon

My eve lander:

http://i.imgur.com/JJB1XX2.jpg

The lander is asparagus staged to hell and some what tested. the main rocket is not. not even 100% sure it will take off.

The staging still needs to be sorted out but I'll do that on the pad and count it as part of the flight. If I get Jeb back from eve it will be a first for me. Will test it tomorrow.

it's rare that I actually spend more than half an hour on any one vehicle in the shop. My latest behemoth (an O'Neill cylinder with over 800 parts(!)) took 27 minutes to build (14m wide not including the solar panels, 67m long) and nearly twenty hours (sucky framerate) to get into orbit - in one piece. Give my save a day to reload and I'll throw in a screenshot.

I'm sorry... but I just can't stop thinking about your Kerbal being comically overweight. It's the way that he's clipped into the monopropellant tank, I think.

You want a real jetpack?! (Made and tested 'til the bugs were worked out, in about fifteen minutes)

KMgPN0W.jpg

It comes with a parachute and everything! :)

My recent launchers are extremely simple, they can take a ~40 ton payload to solar orbit. Its two of the large three meter tanks on the lower thrust three meter engine, and that stack copied onto the sides with six way symmetry, with a stack of five large sas modules on each of those stacks, topped with a large battery and eight rtgs.

My SSE Racer, Mk.III (I'm being honest, this is the third try - the other two are in interstellar space out of fuel, out of power, full of Kerbals and pretty much irretrievable)

The MK.I was only missing the science gear and the auxilliary ditchable boost engines, and took precisely half an hour to build!

screenshot124.png

Well, I rarely expend more than an hour in each designs. On fact, almost any design that is not functional after the half -hour limit is scrapped and replaced by another one :P

EDIT: I claim page conquest!!

Edited by Coga19000

• 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.