Rocket Girls anime

RainDreamer

[quote name='lajoswinkler']I had to search what fan service is. Oh my. LOL Yeah, it's a dumb thing to do, especially when characters are minors. It's just wrong and besides, stupid.[/QUOTE]

Heh, fortunately my wife is privy to the fact that a nudist party can appear from seemingly nowhere in Anime, even in shows where you would never EVER expect it to happen.

[quote name='Pipcard']I know that, but I would prefer to see Space Brothers in an animated form, with voice acting, soundtrack, etc. I wouldn't have had the same emotional reaction to some scenes if I was experiencing it in a manga format. I just don't know how long I will have to wait for the anime to start back up again, or if it is really on permanent hiatus.[/QUOTE]

The movie came out awhile ago about there childhood, but that's it. There's been no signs of continuing the anime which is why I personally chose to start reading it.

Yes, Space Brothers is indeed much better. If nothing else, the astronauts got to their dream by actually working for it rather than having it drop into their laps a la Rocket Girls and many other anime. Still, it follows the same basic theme: Protagonist discovers s/he has an opportunity to become an astronaut, goes through a rigorous training process that incidentally educates the audience, and eventually goes to space atop a realistic rocket as part of a (at least somewhat) realistic space program.
As it stands now I like them both.

[quote name='Motokid600']The movie came out awhile ago about there childhood, but that's it. There's been no signs of continuing the anime which is why I personally chose to start reading it.[/QUOTE]
There's a recent sign (or I hope it is): [URL="http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2015-11-16/space-brothers-anime-trailer-promotes-the-martian-film/.95441"]a tie-in advert[/URL] with "The Martian" (film), called "Odyssey" in Japan.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I finally finished watching through Rocket Girls after some delays. My conclusion: exactly what I expected. Teenage anime girls go to space. Some stuff happens. They fix it and save the day. Everyone lives happily ever after. The end xD

I don't mean to say it was bad though. It was cute, but not all that memorable.

On 3/1/2015, 2:07:10, Nikolai said:

A very common pattern in three-child households of American sitcoms is to have one smart kid, one stupid kid, and one weird kid. That's an interesting thing to try to fit into our three starting Kerbals. :)

Extending your comment, a common pattern in American schools (I have firsthand experience, nothing empirical, just observations from the many schools I was sent to) is that there are a few smart kids, a bunch of stupid kids, and a single weird kid, no more, no less. And the unspoken rule was that if you didn't know who was the weird one, you were the weird one. I never knew who was the weird one. My theory is that Jebediah doesn't know who is the weird one also so that's why he smiles so wide.

On 11/5/2015, 11:28:56, vger said:

That first pic is SO adorable, and also very Kerbalesque.

And apologies if this seems like stealing thunder from the thread, but I have to submit an Anime film with an element of space in the plot. There's not a lot of space imagery in it, but I loved it for a different but no less relevant reason. Saying anymore than that will give the whole story away, but it won't be apparent why until you're halfway done watching it. Any KSP fan should find this story VERY relatable if they give it a full chance.

~Pic snipped for space~

Or if you don't mind spoilers, you can read the synopsis. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Expelled_from_Paradise

I never really "got" anime, I never understood the appeal of it. I've tried watching snippets of whatever I could find (never paid attention to any titles) and I thought "They obsess and pine over THIS!?" But DAMN if that isn't a well-drawn picture.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.