Key X should also kill all Time Warp

I find myself time warping to get to a certain point in orbit and then clicking quick with the mouse to kill time warp.

(I know about kerbal alarm clock).

But since the X key does really nothing during a time warp, perhaps it should be the one killing time warp itself if time warp is enabled.

Cheers'

I would say I agree, and I do mostly, But If I am using x4 phys warp during a Ion burn for example, I may just want to stop the warp and not my engines as I get close to the end of the maneuver node.

The "," and "." are there. Not 100% what you're asking for, but close.

I am basically asking for a "Full Stop" on warp just like there is an X button for throttle stop.

- - - Updated - - -

I would say I agree, and I do mostly, But If I am using x4 phys warp during a Ion burn for example, I may just want to stop the warp and not my engines as I get close to the end of the maneuver node.

It doesn't let me do a warp while I am burning. Or is that just for Ion warp?

It doesn't let me do a warp while I am burning. Or is that just for Ion warp?

Ah, if you ALT "," and ALT "." you can increase time warp up to x4. Its can be dangerous for your ship, but if you go up in small steps (x2, then x3, then x4) it can make burns go much faster, especially with nukes or Ions.

I've even done it in atmosphere to get space planes to orbit quicker, though my wings bend a bit lol.

Edited by r4pt0r

I support this. I've found myself reflexively hitting X to stop timewarp a lot - it's intuitive to have a universal "stop doing that!" key. Z to insta-jump to maximum timewarp (assuming you're not at 1x, in which case it would just do what it normally does) would be amusing as well, but probably unnecessary.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.