'MERICA! ">CK YEAH! B-52A Stratofortress [With two Hound Dog cruise missiles]

XaGk0N5.jpg

After the rather terrible performance of the P-8 Poseidon, I decided to do a replica of the 8 engine B-52A Stratofortress, with extremely good performance compared to the Poseidon. It cruises at 300 m/s and can carry a monstrous combat load, both internally within the large bomb bay and externally on the wings.

It carries about 22,000 units of fuel internally, and has the ability to carry more.

After launching the cruise missiles, you must right click the probe core and set to control here to correct the orientation. The cruise missiles are meant to be launched with the B-52 at cruising speed, and do not make erratic maneuvers with the AGM-28 Hound Dog.

After having read the instructions posted here, you're ready to fly this baby: https://www.dropbox.com/s/2mjx1z7jgje583i/B-52A-1.craft?dl=0

NJ7fVnu.png

2l9Rv3x.png

GSufE2P.png

VPwHq2t.png

Gqr6Qnw.png

ITLUo2c.png

sQxpyx5.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUEINQCKLHc

Edited by andrew123

Awesome! You might try to hide the fuel lines though.

I was thinking of doing that, but I decided to sacrifice some of those aesthetics for less drag and part count. :)

I'm glad you like it, though. :D

5NpdRpq.jpg

I have the B-52B incoming, and I'm incorporating the AGM-129 into the weapons package.

It needs an F-16. :P

If you send me the craft file, I'll get crackin' 'way at it ASAP. :D :D

SO this is definitely one of the best repoductions of the B-52 ive seen, however there is a few things I see wrong with it, first the back bulbous section post vertical stabilizer should be a bit more prominent. Second would be the wings, to me it just doesnt look right when its sitting on the runway with the wings straight out like that they should be swooping down with the tips almost touching the ground, and finally the landing gear might be a limitation of the game but it sems to sit very high, sorry for nitpicking, but when you see these things everyday characteristics rub off on ya

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.