Make up your mind and pre test please.

I feel like a lot of people are forgetting that 1.0 is 'scope complete'. Meaning all the major features are in the game- even if the game itself isn't 100%. Now, I agree that Squad handled the release of 1.0 poorly in this regard and should have focused heavily on the concept of 'scope complete' rather than suggesting it was a complete game. Obviously it's not. IMHO, if squad would simply come forward with a statement explaining how things will be progressing from here on out, a lot of the community would back off.

I agree, the dissatisfaction with 1.0.x is likely a perception problem. I don't have any inside knowledge of how game releases are *supposed* to work, but it seems to me if I bought KSP 1.0.x at Best Buy without any knowledge of the development process I would be unimpressed. Not that it wouldn't be fun, but there's a bunch of little things that don't add up, and I would expect it not to crash, all the stuff we mean by "polish". Now, I'm of the mindset that if I buy a game I want it to work well WITHOUT the developers sticking their grubby little hands all over my computer for updates; but I suspect I'm behind the times in this regard - "Get off my lawn!"

Buying the game - without buying into the early access bargain of progressive releases, fixes, and new content - and having it work well is what I thought 1.0 meant and I don't think it's that.

BUT, I do have the early access mindset and playing 1.0.x is FUN! I love the new features! (I would have done some differently but that'll happen when more than 1 person plays a game) Are rockets harder, sure but not much harder, just add MOAR FINS. Does it crash, yeah it's crashed once for me so far. Is it missing some QoL features, yup. But it's fun, and releases are still free - AND it didn't cost $50 so even if they stop now I have to say I got my money's worth.

I really don't get all the fuss that has been kicked up over 1.0.1and 1.0.2 last time I checked it was a good thing for a dev company to update there product

I personally saw only a drop in the deadliness of re-entrée between the patches but then again maybe im just not very good at this game

what I do fear is now instead of rushing to fix the remainder of the bugs squads going to be even more meticulous before making ANY changes to the game as to not invoke the wrath of the community .......

You do realise you're comparing a computer game with a photograph, right?

I'll not say that KSP has the most detailed terrain of all games, but it's certainly not bad. I'm sure as and when a Unity 5 update happens, Squad could up the detail massively.

And then we'll get a ton of complaints because there's now a bunch of people who can't run the game any more without spending hundreds of $£€ on new hardware.

I guess you didn't look at any of those photographs. you can clearly see that in the real life picture there is detail, which isn't present in KSP.

You can see rivers with certain shapes,grass, distinct mountains, clouds, ect. meanwhile in KSP it is just a very bad quality texture spread over dune-like land with no detail in it.

Im not asking KSP to be looking exactly like real life. I just want there to be some kind of detail in it (mountains that resemble mountains, lakes, ponds, rivers and so on). it doesn't have to be very detailed either. We clearly see how good is the modder community for this game, so i wouldn't see a reason why squad couldn't make an SDK tool for making terrain in KSP. It would be a lot easier handling the huge map of KSP and im sure there would show up plenty of people who would contribute free of cost and put some detail into the map. The problem is that squad is acting weird and are heading to closing the KSP project and starting something else. As someone else said in this thread, that they have cut some planned features. and the last several updates don't justify the time it took to implement them - the Mk 1-3 part hd reskins aren't made by squad and the deadly reentry and FAR were out long before 0.90 and 1.0

I have said it before - i cant name any other project with this big potential as KSP. It just needs a bit more features to make it more obsolete.

I agree that we need optimization but even the KSP developers are human and by doing the same thing for a long time they can lose interest in it, so new unique stuff to do could keep everyone, squad included, more interested in it.

Im so agitated by all this is because of those recent titles that have been coming up - bread,goat,island survival,ect. simulators.

They show potential but when the last wave of people who will spend money on it passes it gets abandoned and in my view Squad is heading that way.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.