Speed of light exceeded - by alot

2fishbones

So I set some satellites in orbit around Kerbin, and for the lulz I did some massive time acceleration. Apparently one of them got flung out. The game froze for about 30 seconds, then starting flashing the galaxy-like-background/skybox for another 30 seconds, and then this appeared.

The satellite is moving at:

1.848.120.917.018,2 m/s

1.848.120.917,02 km/s

Roughly 6160 times the speed of light - if I'm not mistaken.

jv4YL3u.png

Just felt like sharing this fun moment :)

Fly safe!

Edited by 2fishbones

Welcome to the Krackin. It is a glitch that can occur when a ship or probe gets outside the Kerbal system. the game usually crashes shortly afterwards. The example below the probe exploded leaving only the Stayputnik flying off at some absurd acceleration.

dEYJb8o.jpg

Welcome to the Krackin. It is a glitch that can occur when a ship or probe gets outside the Kerbal system. the game usually crashes shortly afterwards. The example below the probe exploded leaving only the Stayputnik flying off at some absurd acceleration.

Lol I had a chuckle at the name you gave it :D

Not my name, but one that has been in use for years. There is a dead one to be found on one of the moons in the Kerbal System. The name is a catchall for unknown bugs in the game that destroy ships for no apparent reasons or fling them to parts unknown.

Not my name, but one that has been in use for years. There is a dead one to be found on one of the moons in the Kerbal System. The name is a catchall for unknown bugs in the game that destroy ships for no apparent reasons or fling them to parts unknown.

A dead Krackin? Never even heard of one of those, let alone that there was one in KSP. The only dead thing in KSP that I know of is the dead Kraken on [REDACTED].

:P

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.