Funcional Mass Efect Relay

custume

Hi all,

Is it possible to create a mod to manage a Mass effect relay engine????

Something that can remove mass from a ship, and them use other engine to send the ship to there destiny.

OffCorse we don't have Eezo ( Element Zero ) but we have the Higgs boson that can alter mass or the way the forces between mass´s work.

So if we create a mass accelerator that can create a lot of Higgs particles and the use them to create a Higgs field that in turn can reduce mass or boost the forces of attraction between mass.

I´m talking about a big (like a big ark reactor) that can accelerate particles to create Higgs ones, that will consume a lot of power (talking about Giga watts) and probably some type of fuel (any type can be use right ?!?!?) so H2 can be use or even H2o, we just need particles (any type will do).

In game mechanics, use a dll to alter ship mass or add more power to it ( one way or another can do the job ), create the fusion and acceleration of particles, and consume fuel and create a small or various sizes bubble (like the warp plugin from umbra) and its done.

For textures maybe use the ships that exist in KSP made like the ships from ME.

I have no time to do this (RL Busy), but its a nice idea for a mod ( and its possible that Kerman´s invented mass effect field's ), and not so hard to do.

Best regards to all

Edited by custume

First off, I'm pretty sure that the Higgs Boson doesn't actually allow us to control mass or the way mass works. Second, this is on the WNTS list. Third, if you want a mod, post this in Add-on Affairs. Fourth, there's a zillion different mods for warp drives anyway.

There was a mass relay mod made quite a while ago that was part of Kerbtown (or something similar). In fact i think it was one of the very first objects that used it. It was placed at the end of the runway and once you got within a certain distance it would launch you into space pretty much instantly. Or blow you, one or the other.

Hello all,

Yes there is another mod that can do this but not in the same way, and there is a lot of crafts that look like a mass relay but will not function.

So the idea is to create something similar but that really works.

And my idea is not a warp drive or similar, the idea is a mass effect field that can be use not only for travel but for construction of bases (anti gravity or mass reduction of the base item before landing).

I don't think you get the physics behind the Higgs particle at all...

Hey im not a scientist and my collage day are long gone.

For what I understand the Higgs can alter mass on the quarks lvl , or can increase or decrees the force between particles, and we can make this type of particle, and this particle can alter the weak force or weak nuclear force between quarks and maybe leptons.

So in theory we can alter mass in the sub atomic lvl in quantum mechanics, and according to CERM we can make this particle right now, don't have any use for it but we can make them.

So if the Higgs can remove mass to a particle basically works like the mass relay in negative charge, and if we remove all the higgs from the particles we can restore the mass to a particle or add more (good for gravity systems).

Okay is not perfect but have more scientific background that a lot of parts, and can really work (in theory) in real life.

Thx all, and thank you Sumghai for changing location.

Best regards to all

Edited by custume

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.