Linux Start Up Script

I read here that this is a good startup script for quadcores: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/98386-The-Other-Linux-Thread

---script #1---

#!/bin/sh

export LC_ALL=C

export LD_PRELOAD="libpthread.so.0 libGL.so.1"

export __GL_THREADED_OPTIMIZATIONS=1

exec taskset -c 2-3 ./KSP.x86_64

---/Script #1---

Secondly, I read here: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/24529-The-Linux-compatibility-thread%21?p=1099022&viewfull=1#post1099022

and they said that this script gives a big boost to nvidia users:

---Script #2---

LD_PRELOAD="libpthread.so.0 libGL.so.1" __GL_THREADED_OPTIMIZATIONS=1 %command%_64

---/Script #2---

so my question to anybody who wants to answer it, should I use script #1 and #2 together? Or do they do the same thing? If I wanted to combine them and it was beneficial, what would it look like? Finally, is there a better startup script than this that I should use?

Linux Mint 64bit | 680gtx | i5 3.3ghz | 16gbs RAM

Thanks in advance!

Edited by OddFunction

The two scripts set identical LD_PRELOAD and __GL_THREADED_OPTIMIZATIONS variables, so that's the same.

The first one uses taskset to run the process, and a quick perusal of the taskset man page says that it's pegging the KSP process to run on cores 2 and 3. I don't yet have an opinion on how much this boosts performance over relying on natural affinity.

The two scripts set identical LD_PRELOAD and __GL_THREADED_OPTIMIZATIONS variables, so that's the same.

The first one uses taskset to run the process, and a quick perusal of the taskset man page says that it's pegging the KSP process to run on cores 2 and 3. I don't yet have an opinion on how much this boosts performance over relying on natural affinity.

So I'm guessing the quadcore script is more like a 'Dualcore' script?

The first one is doing more and the merge would look like it.

However, after further reading this part is not needed by either, as KSP is already linked against these:

LD_PRELOAD="libpthread.so.0 libGL.so.1"

It won't hurt anything to leave it there though.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.