Game suddely becomes misplaced

So when I was playing the game, I decided to play a scenario where Jebediah Kerman was 40 metres away from the ship. After landing the ship I went onto one of my saves and then decided to send an aircraft to fly to the KSC2 area (since I wanted to land there after placing a flag to mark the area). When I entered the Spaceplane hanger, this suddenly happened.

Capture.JPG

I was frankly surprised at what happened to the building. Then I decided to build a random craft and move inside of the building.

Capture2.JPG

It appears the VAB has merged with the SPH. So instead I decided to load a Z-map sattelite launch kit (unmodified). I pressed launch and the Planet Kerbin seems in a mess.

Capture3.JPG

Next to the runway you see (not only the Galaxy background) a booster firing sideways. I can't do anything (interact with the buttons) until I press M.

Capture4.JPG

The game focuses on the Sun (Kerbol) for some reason. I decided to click on Kerbin and I find no evidence of my loaded craft ever existing. So I go out of map view and find the Planet slowly leaving me.

Capture5.JPG

The map mode's Statistics merge with the non-map mode. And you can see a booster in the background firing its engines.

Mods used: Hyper Edit, Kerbal engineering Redux.

Version: 1.0.2.842

So what is going on hear? Is there a Kraken that I haven't read about?

Maybe you have been playing at god just one too many times with that Hyper Edit and the universe just couldn't take any more :)

LOL That made my day! But I've only started installing hyperedit onto the game, haven't used it (except for that one time where I put an E class asteroid from hitting Kerbin). It's quite a weird, game crashing bug.

I think to say this new bug could be called "Titan Kraken" But It could be simply fixed by just reloading the game. Also, as a pre-caution; any ship that you launch when this happens will dissapear. So unless the game auto-saves the craft that you've made, the game will register the craft as 'Wait, was this here before?'

Edited by diomedea
merged consecutive posts

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.