Ship Turns while EVA HELP!

I was orbiting around Jool when I go EVA to fly around with my EVA jetpack and I go to the left then I realized my ship turns whenever I press A or D it turns. W and S does nothing but A or D turns it. It doesn't bother me much but I'd like to fix it. Is this a control issue? I have never had this happen before. :rolleyes:

Edited by Dspan_000

I've noticed that my ship often tumbles when I EVA, but just assumed it was because the SAS shuts off when the pilot leaves the ship and figured it was the blast from the EVA pack causing the ship to rotate. I've never seen the ship actually move under it's own power once I was out of it. To confirm that there's actual control inputs in the ship while you're outside of it, try adding RCS jets to the ship and leave them active when you EVA. Since the jets are easily visible it should be easy to tell if the ship is receiving control inputs.

If it's a bug, it's one I haven't encountered yet. Have you tried going back to the space center then back to the ship through the tracking center? I'm wondering if the bug is persistant through a reload of the ship.

Oh, yes, the infamous Remote Control Ship bug. (Well, that's what I call it)

I've never experienced it myself nor do I know a fix, but for a lot of my problems a switch to the KSC and then back to the craft, a quit and resume, or a complete restart have worked.

Oh, yes, the infamous Remote Control Ship bug. (Well, that's what I call it)

I've never experienced it myself nor do I know a fix, but for a lot of my problems a switch to the KSC and then back to the craft, a quit and resume, or a complete restart have worked.

Thanks dude that was the trick!

It's because there is trim input on the ship, and pressing WASD causes the SAS to unlock on ALL ships. So when you are within physics range and press on a button, the SAS on the vessel unlocks and starts to maneuver.

You can also fix it by switching to the vessel and pressing MOD+X to zero out the trim.

Cheers,

-Claw

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.