Random crashes with mods >800mb with squad folder

KSP tends to crash when I either recover a craft or switch back to the editor. I tried removing all my mods but the basics that I like, problem persists. Mod list bellow, along with log file. Please help!

http://i.imgur.com/Giers54.png

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B6EiuPeozzXKfklRTEkwc1ZpbHV0bjhYV1Rld2RocjljM2NTRHFFd0VtTDFpbzNpRHdBdzQ&usp=sharing

Hey NAMROG,

From the looks of your logs, it seems to me that you are experiencing an out of memory crash. Since KSP runs 32bit it only has about 3.5GB of usable RAM memory, regardless of the RAM that you have on your computer. Also the size of the Squad folder (as well as any mod folder that you have) does not attribute to the amount of RAM that the game uses up. It depends on the amount of memory loaded (for example, textures) from that folder either during the main load time, or switching scenes (those are especially high memory events).

I have a couple of suggestions to attempt to fix your problem:

1. Reduce the number of mods that you use
  2. Install ActiveTextureManagement
  3. Run KSP in OpenGL mode (although I have found that with the 1.x versions of the game that this does not have as much memory savings as it used to)

One of the big problems right now with the current build of the game is that of the large memory leak associated with the PPFX edge highlighting that the game applies to heated parts (the temperature gauge memory leak). In order to reduce the number of crashes that you are experiencing disable the option in the Settings menu, or hit F10 each time you launch a craft. This will disable the PPFX and allow you to run for longer periods of time without crashing. A little plug-in that disables the temperature gauges right away can be found here.

All the best, and please let me know if any of these solutions solved your problem in any way.

Edit: Wow, just realized that this was my 100th post...

Edited by SpaceExplorer

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.